Advertisements
Advertisements
You do not have to talk to the Mormons. If you have researched this decision well, you can go to an attorney if you wish or another agency. There are people on here that can help you with appropriate resources. I believe Brandi is very helpful with people that can help you look at all of your options.
Advertisements
Not everyone in Utah is Mormon. You will be able to look through profiles and choose any family/religion you feel comfortable with or you can even choose to place your child in another state.
Adoption agencies are supposed to go by your wishes. You get to pick the family by looking over profiles and pictures,etc. You have the preference whether you place your baby locally or farther away. Its up to you. There are also many lawyers that deal with adoptions. They take care of the work and theres not a lot of stress involved. If you still dont feel comfortable with going locally, you could contact an agency or lawyer out of state. Any other questions, just let me know. I hope I helped. Good luck!!!!!
Our DS's birthmom found us online as she did not want to work with any local agencies. That is an option as well. There places that post only home-study approved potential parents online. You can work with an agency or look at profiles on your own.
However you should be aware that much needed adoption counseling is not automatically available when doing a private adoption and should be something you specifically ask for if you were to explore that avenue.
PM me if you want more info about the website our sons first mom found us on. I don't think I am allowed to post names here. you can search for potential aparents by geographical region, religion, etc...
Hey. There is a website I found:[url]www.birthmomresources.com[/url]. There is a phone #. Maybe someone there can help you. I know some lawyers that have dealt with adoption but I dont know if your wanting a lawyer. Hopefully this helps!!!!!
Advertisements
Hey girl!! I saw your post and my husband and I are looking to adopt and would love to talk with you about your decision. We also have a large group of connections if we aren't the right family for you and would be happy to help. Please email me desiretoadopt@gmail.com.
Leah
Hi,
I would not want to move away from my family and friends either. If you're sure you want to adopt here are many different agecies that you can go through that won't make you move. They do not have to be in your state specifically. If you are not wanting to go through an agency you can look online at many different sites where families are seeking to adopt. CafeMom is a good one or Lifetime Adoption Center.
My husband and I are looking to adopt privately. We are looking for a private adoption mainly because we would like to have the birth mom's opinion heard by us directly rather than going through an agency. We have a family site you can visit if you'd like
[url=http://lopez27.webs.com]Eric and Ashlette Lopez - Home[/url]
Whether we seem like a good fit for what you are looking for in your child's adoptive parents or not you can email me if you have questions. I'd love to help in anyway I can. Even if you just want to chat.
Wishing you luck,
Ashlette
Last update on April 24, 3:58 am by Sachin Gupta.
Please remember that we are not a matching site, we do not allow people to solicit children or offer agency suggestions on here.
Melodeanne is not asking anyone here to adopt her child, she is asking for resources and suggestions.
Please refer to our forum rules once again if you are unfamiliar with them.
Thank You,
Crick
Advertisements
I'm a reunited Birthmom - in a good reunion with my 28 year old birthdaughter. 1st, please understand that there is no such thing as a 'perfect' family. 2nd Unless your baby's life is in danger...you are the Mom...in pregnancy - you bond...you break that bond when the infant if handed over to strangers - the child suffers. While this sounds dramatic - it's the truth. Adoption is not a 'fix'. You don't 'get on' with your life after you sign your rights away. And most importantly - neither does your child. Think about it.
I'm getting tired of explaining our rules over and over again.
So let me just cover it in a blanket umbrella catch all statement here.
UNLESS you have resources or support to offer based on what the OP is actually asking for..........
DO NOT POST.
I will ban the next person who breaks this rule on this thread.
Getting sick and tired of people preying on women trying to make what is likely the most important decisions they'll ever make. That goes for people who prey on them for the child and people who prey on them emotionally in the opposite direction.
We were not happy with the adoption agencies in our state when we were looking to adopt. We went with an agency in the next state over. If you are not finding an agency you are comfortable with in Utah could you research agencies in neighboring states? Do they have private adoption lawyers in Utah who could match you with hopeful adoptive couples? Have you researched adoption facilitators? I don't know anything about adoption in Utah. I'm just brainstorming ideas that you might try. I hope you find someone to work with you. You should not have to move away from your family and friends. I will send hugs and prayers your way.
Advertisements
Hey,
Can you do a google search and look for agencies in your area and call them and see if you like any?
Sometimes you just get that yes or no vibe right away, know what I mean?
There are tons of agencies in every state, and you aren't obligated to go with any of them if you just call or even meet them, So really try to find one that you trust and click with. It's important to feel comfortable with them.
The main reason I wanted to post is because we met a girl last year who found an agency online and they also wanted her to move there. They seemed to really pressure her. If you NEED a place to stay- then something like this may be great for some women, but it sounds like you need your family friends at this time.
So no--- you don't need to move. Find another agency.
MOST don't have you move anywhere. The social worker will come to you.
Also- you can pick any kind of person or couple you want. Most (all???) agencies will let you look thru profiles and pick the person/couple. You can also meet with them.
And no-- all adopting couples aren't mormom. That made me giggle.
Bottom line is that there are so many agenices- so don't settle for one if it doesn't feel right.
Lots of hugs and prayers as you go thru this.
Mandymck
Go to a lawyer and they will handle everything for you. You don't have to move.
I hope you weren't mad at me when you stated the rules again. I was just trying to help.