Advertisements
Advertisements
i have started looking for my birth mother the day i turned 18. im almost 20 now, and still havent heard anything. maybe i need to be a little more patient, but its kind of hard to be when my whole life ive wanted to meet her.
ive heard alot of bad things about edna gladney. i dont know if what people said about it is true, but its a bit discouraging when im trying to find her. in an article i read in USA Today, it was said that in Texas each month 8,500 adoptees/birth parents have registered in the post adoption registration, and only one or two matches are made each month. how could that be?
maybe if i did hire a personal investigator through gladney i would have better results in finding her. a part of me thinks she is waiting till im more "mature" and another part of me thinks she has started a new life and doesnt want to tell those people in her new life about what happened when she was younger. i think if gladney let me write the letter to her (but not giving me her address or any other identifying information) i think it would have more of a positive effect. i would tell her if she doesnt want a relationship, then its fine with me. i would love to have a relationship with her, but i also NEED my medical history. i have a few health problems now, and to have my medical hisotry it would make it much easier to diagnose my problems.
i saw on this site where a birth mom found a birth index. thats great. that could help her out if she wishes to find me. but what about me? theres no idex for "women who gave birth". i looked for mine for the fun of it. on the day i was born, only 7 females were born. that gives her a list of names of who i could possibly be. now what if i didnt want to meet her and she figures out who i am? i thought adoption was supposed to protect the rights of the birth parents AND the adoptees. well, obviously not.
i guess im just getting sick of waiting. im an impatient person, and maybe im acting selfish. i just want to meet her so bad, and i always have. I have registered in so many forums sites and have had no luck. I call gladney every so often to see if she has registered too, or read the letters my mom wrote her in the "archive" i guess you would call it. and still nothing.
the reason i am writing this is not to make people feel sorry for me, I just want to know if any other adoptees feel the same way i do, or if i am just being pessimistic about the whole situation.
I just turned 20 and was adopted through gladney as well. I can totally relate and don't know what to tell you other than you aren't alone.
Advertisements
Are you still following this thread? I wonder if I knew your birth mother, I was at Edna Gladney for 6 1/3 months and delivered a baby girl October 3, 1990. When were you born?
i have started looking for my birth mother the day i turned 18. im almost 20 now, and still havent heard anything. maybe i need to be a little more patient, but its kind of hard to be when my whole life ive wanted to meet her.
ive heard alot of bad things about edna gladney. i dont know if what people said about it is true, but its a bit discouraging when im trying to find her. in an article i read in USA Today, it was said that in Texas each month 8,500 adoptees/birth parents have registered in the post adoption registration, and only one or two matches are made each month. how could that be?
maybe if i did hire a personal investigator through gladney i would have better results in finding her. a part of me thinks she is waiting till im more "mature" and another part of me thinks she has started a new life and doesnt want to tell those people in her new life about what happened when she was younger. i think if gladney let me write the letter to her (but not giving me her address or any other identifying information) i think it would have more of a positive effect. i would tell her if she doesnt want a relationship, then its fine with me. i would love to have a relationship with her, but i also NEED my medical history. i have a few health problems now, and to have my medical hisotry it would make it much easier to diagnose my problems.
i saw on this site where a birth mom found a birth index. thats great. that could help her out if she wishes to find me. but what about me? theres no idex for "women who gave birth". i looked for mine for the fun of it. on the day i was born, only 7 females were born. that gives her a list of names of who i could possibly be. now what if i didnt want to meet her and she figures out who i am? i thought adoption was supposed to protect the rights of the birth parents AND the adoptees. well, obviously not.
i guess im just getting sick of waiting. im an impatient person, and maybe im acting selfish. i just want to meet her so bad, and i always have. I have registered in so many forums sites and have had no luck. I call gladney every so often to see if she has registered too, or read the letters my mom wrote her in the "archive" i guess you would call it. and still nothing.
the reason i am writing this is not to make people feel sorry for me, I just want to know if any other adoptees feel the same way i do, or if i am just being pessimistic about the whole situation.
1 Liked
 likes this.