Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
DianeS
Therefore you'll notice big differences in other things, too - like the amount they charge for applying to them or for the mandatory classes, whether they give CPR/First Aid classes for free or make you get them elsewhere, whether they pay for someone to man an emergency telephone line all night or not, whether they have get-togethers for families, etc.
Definately shop around, and I hope you quickly find the agency that will work best for you!
Very interesting. I am doing my shopping now:) I should have done it before. I just ended up going to the agency recommended to me by a relative. They picked it based on a few things but one was the high stipend (or what I think is high). The agency is awesome in a lot of ways (training, communication, friendliness, after hours help, etc). My only problem so far is that most of the referrals are all out of my traveling area or teenagers (which I don't want based on my age). The agency I think I will switch to has an informational meeting tomorrow. I am going to go check it out. I already know the stipend is $10 a day less than the agency I am currently with but that is not a problem. The benefit if I switch is that the new agency works with more C&Y offices closer to me than the first agency. The idea is that I will have a placement quicker and be used more in the future as well. I want to be a foster parent for years to come and I hope to help many kids. I think I will have that chance if I switch. I should know for sure tomorrow. I plan to ask questions about their trainings, after hours help, etc. Hopefully they have good answers!