Advertisements
Advertisements
I confess that sometimes I don't like the fact that my kids have other parents out there.
I have had really nasty thoughts about their bio dad specifically.
Some days I hope my kids don't want to search for them.
I don't want anyone but my husband and or me walking our daughter down the aisle.
I think of dyeing my hair auburn sometimes to avoid the questions of where the red hair of my sons come from.
I really don't live my daily life (outside of work on here) thinking about adoption regardless of some opinionated people telling me I am doing my children a disservice if I "forget". I confess to telling one of these people to buzz off but not as nice as that. I liked it...immensely.
Sometimes I feel really sorry for other parents whose children are not that awesome and think "And you created those "bundles of joy", how nice for you!":rolleyes:
I really like the fact that I can joke with friends from all sides of the triad in a really inappropriate "gallows humor" way because they get it. Even if they aren't on "MY" side. I confess a lot of it would really offend some others.
I confess...I'm not perfect in my thoughts as an adoptive mom trying to wade through all the emotions I have some times. And I'm okay with it. I do the best I can by my children and think most moms do the same.
I confess that after over 20 years with the same doctor (whom I really like) he goes over my family medical history every time I have a physical, making sure he still has everything in the records. (His records include the fact that I placed my firstborn for adoption, BTW.)
I confess, Leeah, that since you like him and consider him a very good pediatrician, I would continue to take Sweetpea to him.
Advertisements
I confess that after over 20 years with the same doctor (whom I really like) he goes over my family medical history every time I have a physical, making sure he still has everything in the records. (His records include the fact that I placed my firstborn for adoption, BTW.)
I confess, Leeah, that since you like him and consider him a very good pediatrician, I would continue to take Sweetpea to him.
I confess I agree with you Kathy. I'll just be viggalent in making sure all information that's known is out there.
I know he can't remember everything about every patient every time.
I confess that the last several months have been leading up to the worst day of my life...the day my dad was diagnosed with ALS.
I confess I don't know what's ahead of us and that scares me, but we are all strong in our faith and we will make it through.
I confess that if I could I would sign this petition over and over again, but since I can't I will ask you guys to please sign it with me!
[URL="https://www.change.org/p/lisa-murkowski-fda-accelerated-approval-of-genervon-s-gm604-for-use-in-als?tk=WD6pmXt-3dmrIUVSlSq3DPdsYbSCOIa9AxFb7wxrH_U&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email"]Change.org petition for Genevron GM604[/URL]
I confess it's been a while since I've been here, and this is the first thread i came to...I confess I'm happy to see it's still going and so many familiar folks...
Advertisements
I confess that I made it through Sonny Jim's 43rd birthday today without falling to pieces. I further confess that I am so relieved that midnight rolled around an hour or so ago. :arrow:
I confess that Waverly10's post hit me like a kick to the gut this morning when I read it even though it has been almost 7 years since I was in her position with my mom.
I confess that ALS @%&$!!!!!
I confess that I hope Waverly and her family are surrounded by earthly and heavenly angels to help them through this journey wherever it leads and that every case seems to be different with ALS so you never seem to know what to expect.
I confess that I signed the petition and will post and send it to friends as well.
I confess that I wish I had adoption friends IRL.
I confess that Waverly10's post hit me like a kick to the gut this morning when I read it even though it has been almost 7 years since I was in her position with my mom.
I confess that I hope Waverly and her family are surrounded by earthly and heavenly angels to help them through this journey wherever it leads and that every case seems to be different with ALS so you never seem to know what to expect.
I confess that I signed the petition and will post and send it to friends as well.
I confess that I wish I had adoption friends IRL.
Katiehopes
Yes it does!!
I confess that I am sad Katiehopes knows too well how bad ALS @%&$!!!!! (and thanks for the well wishes! I know we will be needing those angels!!)
I confess that I treasure my "adoption" friendships. Some I have met here (some even that transferred over to IRL and FB), some I met thru my homestudy provider, and some I knew all along but didn't know their adoption story until they heard about ours.
I confess that if any a.com friends want to connect on FB just send me a PM. :-)
Advertisements
I confess that I have not visited in months probably because I have been too busy with Little Man and Little Miss!
I also confess that Little Miss is nearly a year old and we just heard that their baby sibling was born. I confess that we are a little worried about the baby's welfare given the previous history of their bmom. And that we are torn between "this is not our business" and "this is our children's sibling".
I confess I'm worried sick about my nephew. He attended an Orioles game tonight and.protests in downtown Baltimore turned to riots. They locked the gates of the stadium, shut down public transportation, and told everyone to remain in the stadium for now. Not sure when or how he is going to be able to get home.
I confess that I am glad to hear Leeah's good news and I confess that I was praying for her nephew.
Advertisements
Thanks for the prayers Kathy. I confess The city of Baltimore definitely needs a lot of prayers now!
I have a confession- my son's therapist is a jerk.
I feel like he doesn't listen to me and I frequently have to tell him the same thing 2-3 or more times. He also seems to like saying things to me that he thinks will hurt my feelings. Last week he told me that 'N said he feels like he's not wanted' and that 'N said he would rather be back in foster care because then he would feel more wanted'.
I told the therapist that N is trying to manipulate to get control -- you (the therapist) know that is extremely common with RAD kids. To be honest he has said those things before, it's not the first time I have heard it.
I think the therapist likes to 'drop the bomb' on people and I am wondering if he gets some type of enjoyment out of doing that. He's a jerk.