Advertisements
Advertisements
OK, I will play.
I confess that I have a totally out of control 4 year old whose anger issues are really starting to scare me.
I confess that I am at a loss as to what to do to help him.
I confess that I got pregnant again because it was free, not because it was how I wanted to add another child to our family. I really wanted to adopt again - this was just easier, by far!!
I confess that I am not making a "real" dinner tonight because I have to teach a Pilates class later and my hubby is not home. Bacon and eggs it is!
I confess that it has been 55 degrees the last 2 days and I haven't taken the kids outside in the afternoon.
I am sure there are more...but I need to do some research on the first 2 and make some decisions.
Advertisements
I confess that sometimes when I think about the adoption process and cost I wonder wouldn't it be easier to just try to get pregnant even though I would need a sperm donor.
I confess that when I hear about a teenager having a baby or a friend/co-worker having her third/fourth/fifth child I wonder God why them and not me or one of my childless friends who want so dearly to become parents.
I confess that I am addicted to all things adoption related ex this website, researching agencies.
I confess that I haven't told too many of my family members my intention to adopt because I don't want their opinions or lack of support.
What a great thread!
I confess that I feel guilty that DD will be an only child.
I confess that I feel guilty that DD's older sister is still living in kinship foster care.
I confess that I feel guilty when I have no patience and I just want to scream!!
I confess I wish I could have been a mother to more than one child.
I confess I wish I could have gotten pregnant.
I confess that I'm scared to death that I won't tell my daugther about her adoption the "right" way.
I confess that I'm happy my DH was wrong -- he makes a great father!!!
Confessions are great for the soul!!!
ok-- ill have a go---
I confess that I feel guilty that Matt's birth mom doesn't have the same resources that I have. She is a wonderful woman and I don't know how I ended up so lucky...
I confess that I am scared that because she is so sweet that when Matt gets to know her someday, he will wish she had raised him instead of me.
I confess that when he was born I was worried that there was an unknown father because he is much more Caucasian than I had expected him to be.
I confess that most of my thoughts and conversations have been about him since he was born and I do it anyway even though I know that probably annoys my friends without kids.
I also confess that sometimes I like the mental break of sitting down and just working for a couple hours.
phew. that did feel pretty good :-)
Good idea....
I confess that as much as I love DD, I could never be a SAHM.
I confess that the thought of DD calling someone else Mom someday makes my skin crawl.
I confess that I really do think that DD is better off with us as her parents...at least the parents that are raising her.
I confess that I love when people comment how much DD looks and acts like me.
I confess that having an open adoption is A LOT HARDER than I thought it would be.
I confess that I honestly never knew that I could love somebody as much as I love DD. :)
Advertisements
As an adoptive mom, I confess that I lie about my son's birthparents on a daily basis to make open adoption more 'palatable' to our friends and family. K and T have more issues than anyone would believe, but I keep saying that they're "fine" and "great" because I don't want people viewing Widget through biased eyes, or thinking we're crazy to have any communication with them.
I confess that I am sometimes afraid that, despite our best efforts, my baby will inherit the worst of K and T's personalities.
As an adoptee, I confess that I have absolutely no desire to know anything more than my family medical history, and do not plan to look for any bio relatives.
I confess that I feel really, really guilty about that last statement, especially since I'm fighting so hard to maintain contact with my son's bio family.
BlessedbySnuggs
G
I confess that I honestly never knew that I could love somebody as much as I love DD. :)
amen sister. amen. i never had a clue how much I would or even could love someone.
They say confession is good for the soul, so here goes.
I confess that I do not like my youngest daughter's birth dad at all, I think he is icky.
I confess that it makes me mad that her parents are parenting two other children and are drug free and couldn't get it together for her.
I confess I am happy they couldn't get it together for her, I can't imagine life without her.
I confess that when I am dealing with my angry and out of control son, I want to slap his birth mother silly for what her drug use did to him.
I confess that I am very afraid that they will want to be with them when they are 18, no matter how good a mother I am.
I confess that I feel like a fraud when people say how great I am or say I am a saint for doing what I do, when I know what goes on in my head sometimes.
I could probably go on and on, but that's enough for now.
I confess that I was a tad bit relieved when BM said she couldn't bear to meet us at the hospital when we went to pick Cam up.
I also confess that the above statement makes me sick to my stomach, and that I grieve for Campbell the loss of her first Mom and Dad, and four brothers at least every other day.
I confess that I wish I could stay home with her until she starts school, even though my husband is expecting me to get a job as soon as I am done school this summer. Even though I LOVE the field I am studying (Addictions Counseling). :(
I confess I am terrified of what harm BM did to Cam while in utero with all the drugs she did.
I confess I lost my patience last night when Cam was seemingly crying for no good reason. Man, I really felt like a heel, and still do.
I confess I am jealous of the amount of time my DH spends with her when I am in school and at my internship.
I confess that I feel like a crap Mom because I haven't taken a single new pic of our month old baby since we brought her home.
PHEW!!! That felt GOOD!
Advertisements
GREAT thread. So thought-provoking and sad at times, too...
I confess that I lose my temper with my DS more than I'd like to admit...although I'm getting better of late. Why do four-year-olds slow to a crawl EVERY MORNING?
I confess that I like it when people look at my son and assume that I have my husband is African-American (I'm white, my son is biracial). This has happened numerous times...even though I don't think he looks like me (too beautiful for me to have produced him!) :) And I don't always correct them.
I confess that I love being friends with my children's birth moms on facebook, but that is has limited my ability to be "real" there...because I am not going to hurt their feelings or say something like "THIS CHILD IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!" because I would never want them to think I am not grateful every single minute of every day.
I confess that I am not grateful every single minute of the day. In fact, there are times when I am not grateful, just sleep-deprived, cranky, short-tempered and stressed. Then I feel guilty for not feeling 100% grateful.
I confess that I truly believe my son and daughter are the most beautiful, amazing, unique children ever.
I confess that I love having open adoptions...and that I am so grateful that my children's birth mothers are amazing women I love and respect. And I confess that I hope that my children will appreciate that we kept our adoptions open for them and not think that is because we weren't "enough" for them....
I confess that I worry what will happen the first time (and times thereafter) my son encounters racism (and I know he will)...and I hope that I can help him grown into an amazing, strong, confident man proud of his heritage and who he is.
I confess that I have cut people out of my life because of comments I perceived as racist...and that I have no tolerance now for things I might have let go in the past.
I confess that I am so relieved to be "DONE" building our family I can't even stand it. It took us 11 years and much of that time totallly sucked.
I confess that I often have more empathy for pregnant women considering adoption and for birthmoms than I do for prospective adoptive parents--at least the ones who just want to grab a baby and run and don't consider the feelings of their child's birthparents. Yet I confess it is all but impossible for me to have empathy for pregnant women who don't take care of themselves when pregnant. I can't help it.
I confess that this thread has made me very introspective! :)
I confess that I am glad our son's adoption is closed because his birth family scares me.
I confess that I am torn about adopting another child or children because I don't know if I can divide myself more and still give enough to my 2 boys.
I confess that my kids played too many video games this winter and am very glad that the weather has turned and they haven't even ASKED to play in a couple of weeks!
I confess that I am tired and feeling old!
i confess i just found a baby online that i want to adopt and i'm trying to talk my dh into it right now.
i confess that i look for babies online a little too often...
I confess:
that after almost 4 years of parenting my FC, I hate the fact that I'm still his fostermom
that I am praying that it is God's will for me to be his legal mom (because I have no doubt, that no matter the outcome, he will always consider me his mom)
that this top of the line treadmill that I own has not seen me in about 8 months
Advertisements
TGM - I confess that I've often wondered about your first confession. How "odd" it must be to have a relationship with someone you never chose. I confess I'm nosey that way but try not to ask too much.;)
Mommytoeli - you are on those waiting child sites again, aren't you?? I confess that I can't do it anymore. I used to and it just got too sad for me to see all these children waiting for families.
I'm really loving this thread. It's thought provoking and it's also comforting in some ways when I see a confession I could have said.
And yes, I really DO mean it's open to everyone. Some have asked...:)
crick
TGM - I confess that I've often wondered about your first confession. How "odd" it must be to have a relationship with someone you never chose. I confess I'm nosey that way but try not to ask too much.;)
A little wierd I suppose. I try not to think about it I guess.
Maybe I'll blog about it though. :rolleyes:
And I'm SUCH an open book on stuff like that - if anyone has questions I'm here! :)