Advertisements
Advertisements
Care333
I want to thank you all for your encouraging words - the panic has disappeared and we are moving forward! I just got a letter in the mail telling us that we have been approved. They want a payment of $2000 now and as soon as the receive it they will appoint us a case worker to set up the home study...does this sound about right?
Congratulations!
Can you tell us where you are adopting from? And are you using the same agency for your homestudy as well as placement? That might help better answer the 'does this sound right' question.
We used a local homestudy agency and an out of state placement agency. We had to pay half of the homestudy fee up front and the other half upon completion of the homestudy. But the total wasn't even $2000. (I know that does vary by area of the country though.) Then with our placement agency we had to pay half of the international fee at the time we received our referral and the other half when the adoption was complete.
So to me, no, that doesn't sound normal, but everyone has different experiences based on country, agencies, etc. So having more information would help people respond to how 'normal' it is.
Good luck!