Advertisements
Advertisements
Can anyone recommend a baby monitor where you can listen in on two different kids' rooms?
Or alternatively, does anyone know if there is a way I can purchase a new monitor and be sure it won't interfere with our existing one?
Thanks!
Ever since I switched to a digital monitor (a year ago), I haven't had a problem with interference. So, I would make sure the new one is digital.
Advertisements
Summer Infant makes a dual video/sound monitor thats amazing! A friend of mine has it and the picture and sound are extremely clear.
I searched long and hard for something like that while we were waiting for Preston. I couldn't find anything I liked. We just need a monitor in our bedroom, I can hear their rooms from the rest of the house. I just ended up trying a second monitor/receiver (I just get the cheap ones) and setting it on a different channel. Each kid has a monitor in their room and I have 2 recievers in our bedroom. I do have to keep them on opposite sides of the room otherwise I get interference, but so far it's working for us.
We bought 2 fisher-price units ( $38 each) that each had 4 channels on them. We used A and D without any problem. They do have some that you can use one receiver (the listening unit) and it switches every 5 seconds between the 2 rooms. WE felt that it would be too confusing for us in the middle of the night.
It is possible.
We've had two sets of Sony's -- which have been great. We set them on two different channels and have no interference. Both of the home we've lived in during this time are pretty large and the monitors have to handle a fairly big distance and through a number of walls and have still performed really well. susan
Advertisements
We have the Safety 1st one that scans 3 rooms, when we had 2 kidlets, we put 1 in each room and one in the playroom so that we could always hear them. You can set it to monitor 1 room or scan all 3 - the scan goes to room #1 for like 5 secs then room #2 and so on... it will continuously scan until you change it otherwise. No interference problems and we absolutely love it !
gina.
We have two different monitors and the girls rooms are right next to each other. There has not been a problem.
I am jealous of those that have a video monitor! Wish we had one.
We use an Angel Care motion sensor monitor in one room and a plain digital monitor set to a different channel in the other. We only get interference if we plug the receivers into the same outlet. So, DH gets one on his side and I get the other on my side. I LOVE our Angel Care monitor and we all sleep so much better knowing that an alarm will sound if baby stops breathing.