Advertisements
Advertisements
The orphanage that our dd is currently in is located in Leninskoe Village, Leninsky Region, Jewish Autonomous Oblast, Russia in orphanage No1, Oblast State budgetary educational institution for kids.
Anyone familiar with this one?:flower:
Advertisements
I adopted from Birobidjan, JAO in 2004. My daughter was in the regional children's home #1 (Oblastnoy Detsky Dom). which was in Birobidjan proper --- I am not sure if that's the same thing. I didn't know there was a home in Leninsky. Birobidjan is the capital or major city in the JAO and is the size of a small town here. Though small I had a wonderful experience. From what I hear the town has grown quite a bit since I was there in 2004, when the first new construction in 40 years was happening. What excitement for a small town.
If she is in my DD's home, rest assured she is in a good place. I was quite impressed with the care she received there. Though still an orphanage, it was bright, colorful and had all the basic necessities.
I would be happy to share more... if you would like.
That is the same house my dd is in!!!! She is in house #1. How old was your dd when you adopted? Ours is 4 and turns 5 next month. Anything else that you remember about the house? Our dd entered it when she was 2.5 years old.
Thank you for sharing
And yes, I would love to know everything you want to share. We are so excited (and nervous with all of the news lately) about meeting her. She is supposed to be here in June for a hosting program and then we will go there. They said there is only one hotel in Birobidzhan.
Hi Wrigley Mom,
send me a private message with your email address and I can send you a link to my shutterfly albums with tons of pictures of Birobidjan and the orphanage.
My daughter was 5 1/2 when I met her (also through a hosting program) and 6 when I finalized the adoption. My DD was with her family until she was 5, so to her the orphanage was very orderly and secure. She had a hard time leaving it.
They were in groups of about 15 kids. The orphanage was set up in different units... with a main room/playroom, bedroom and bathroom per group. They kids were grouped by age -- my daughters group was co-ed and all 5-6 yr olds.
Traveling to Biro is a real journey, flying to Moscow, then from Moscow to Khabarovsk. Your driver will pick you up in Khabarovsk and drive you the 3 hour, two lane road to Birobidjan. There is much besides a river some shack towns, and alot of fir trees.
I can honestly say, even though it was so far away and seemed so different, I felt totally safe, and the people I met were just wonderful and extremely postive and supportive.
That trip changed how I viewed the world.
Advertisements
I sent you a pm, but I have never done one before so please let me know if it did not go through.
Thank you again.
WrigleyMom
WrigleyMom
Russia Adoption
Total Points: 9
Leninsky Region, Jewish Autonomous Oblast Region?
The orphanage that our dd is currently in is located in Leninskoe Village, Leninsky Region, Jewish Autonomous Oblast, Russia in orphanage No1, Oblast State budgetary educational institution for kids.
Anyone familiar with this one?:flower:
Do you have any information on this orphanage? My Grandmother I believe was in this one from 1919 to 1927. I would love to contact them if they still have any records from then.
Thank you,
Lauren