Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi all! We just recently decided to adopt thru the state and start our PS-MAPP classes in June. I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully meet some other newbies I can share my concerns and eagerness with!
We are in Lexington. I'm 31, he's 36. We've been trying to have children for 7 years and finally decided to go with adoption. Would LOVE to have a child by the end of the year, especially for Christmas!!
Hey bajj, I don't know if I been to the forum or not. I think so! But I'll mosey over there. :) I have been looking at kids 0-13 etc., for adoption. Keep in touch!
Advertisements
There is also a foster/adopt forum. If you can't find them all let me know and I'll post some links.
By all means, don't leave this forum, though. It's great to meet others in Ky looking to adopt!
Our class has the surrounding counties in it...most are from Fayette, but there's also Jessamine, Scott, and a couple others. I know it's horrible to say, but I think a lot of people are just there to foster and to get that check from the government. There was even a pregnant girl (had to have been 8-9 mo. along). And she was young too, probably in her early to mid 20's. I just didn't understand that situation!?! Can't speak for the other couples, but that actually made me feel a little angry seeing how we were there because we can't have kids of our own. Is that bad of me?
We completed our 35 page profile a few days ago. That was a doozy! :eek: Looking forward to our 1st actual class this coming Monday.
[URL="http://forums.adoption.com/foster-care-adoption/"]Foster care and adoption[/URL]
[URL="http://forums.adoption.com/special-needs-attachment/"]Special needs and attachment[/URL]
[URL="http://forums.adoption.com/adopting-older-child/"]Adopting an Older Child[/URL]
There are sub catergories in each of these, too.
Advertisements
Jennifer, we had about 70 in our "district". However, in our local class I think it was about 15 by couples. But by the time we finished, we were down to at least 10 in our class. I'm not sure about the district itself. But I got two foster kids a sibling group the day I received my approval. Which I hear was pretty fast, but I kept bugging them and letting them know "hey, I'm here wait for a placement".
Congratulations! We are thinking about fostering. I just started homeschooling (4th grader and 1st grader) so I'm not sure yet when we will. We know we want to, it's just a matter of when!
I'm thinking about doing homeschool next year. If we get to adopt these two we have now (5th and 2nd grade this year), and we just inquired about a little girl in WV. We already got a phone message from her worker. I can't believe it. We have tried to adopt over 50 children from the system already. Sent in homestudies etc., and never even got a thank you email. We have been foster care parents for about a year now. Had over 9 kids total. These two we have now are in for a goal change right now to adoption. So I'm crossing my fingers.
Advertisements
Hello,
Jennifer me and my hubby are homestudy ready for a newborn or older child, we have been waiting about two years we are doing domestic adoption. I hope you don't have to wait as long as we have, it is pure torture. wish you alot of luck with your adoption
Advertisements
I am jumping around all over the place trying to introduce myself. My name is Monica and my husband and I have just started the process toward becoming adoptive parents. We are in northern ky, Florence to be exact!
Hi mlbarry! Good luck with your adoption journey.
We've had our foster child since Dec 2010. TPR was finally granted so now we're working on the adoption paperwork.