Advertisements
Advertisements
[URL="http://my.adoption.com/Kellie%20Sharpe"]Kellie Sharpe[/URL] vbmenu_register("postmenu_34017904", true);
Total Points: 1,570.72
[URL="http://forums.adoption.com/vbplaza.php?do=donate&userid=137653"]Donate[/URL]
[URL="http://forums.adoption.com/she-chose-adoption/373957-december-1-1984-i-need-find-my-daughter-really-gettin-me.html#"] src="http://forums.adoption.com/images/adoption/misc/im_aim.gif" alt="" class="parsed_image" /[/URL]
I Found My Daughter!!!! Please Read It Might Help Someone Else's Search
I FOUND MY DAUGHTER THIS PAST THURSDAY APRIL 8TH 2010.
I've been looking for her on the internet since she turned 18 7 years ago. Before that I looked for her in the faces of every single girl I past in stores, parks, concerts, church, etc. If she was 8.. I looked for her in 8 year old girls faces..if she was 12.. the same and on and on.
I made a facebook page several years ago when it first started. I've never looked for her on there because they don't have any sort of birthdate search on there. BUT about a month ago, I started posting every morning and every night on the front of my page that I was looking for a female (any female) born on December 1, 1984. After about a week of that I realized that I was being as ashamed of her as my parents were and ALL except maybe a handful of the people I went to high school with were on my friends list. Sooooo I started posting it like this instead.
I'M LOOKING FOR MY DAUGHTER. MY PARENTS GAVE HER AWAY WHEN SHE WAS BORN ON DECEMBER 1, 1984 IN KNOXVILLE, TN.
That made me feel like a better mother for some reason. I'd been brainwashed by my parents who treated her like she was an abomination to be ashamed that i'd had her unwed and at the age of 17. Now I was announcing to everyone I went to school with plus the rest of the world on facebook that I'd had a baby in high school. (it answered the question of where the heck did I go for lots of people I'd gone to school with) My parents moved us away when I got pregnant so to these people I'd gone to school with from 2nd-11th grade thought i'd fallen off the face of the earth.
ANYWAY..... I also asked my friends to repost the same thing on their wall (just copy and paste from mine) and to please ask their friends that weren't also on my page to do the same... PEOPLE WILL DO THIS FOR YOU IF YOU JUST ASK!
Well.. it went from my friends to their friends and then to their friends friends and so on until last Monday April 5th 2010 I got an email from this 24 year old boy. He's an up and coming actor and has been in Gossip Girl...Hairspray the movie...Ghost Town the movie (he's the anesthesiologist in that movie) and has start in Broadway musicals such as Catch Me If You Can and he had the lead in that. Soooo the email simply said. I have a friend born on that date in Knoxville who was adopted out. She won't talk about it because she knows she'll never find her biological parents due to the fact that there was a note attached to her file saying this closed adoption is to be just that..CLOSED..please don't try and contact this family when you come of age.
I DID NOT SEND THAT LETTER MY MOTHER AND FATHER DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I emailed him back because it was the first time ever EVERRRRRR I'd ever had a lead. I'm registered on every site known to man and never once have I found a single living soul born on that date....ever. Well, it's because she never registered because she knew about the letter. He adopted Mom always discouraged her from looking...I guess because of the letter and she didn't want her daughter getting hurt.
I asked him to ask her several questions such as hospital name, agency name, caseworker name, time of birth, delivering doctor, everything I could think of. And I sent my phone number. Well, He answered that email in 3 hours which was on Thursday April 8th 2010. Everything matched except the time of birth and she had 7:49om and I had 7:41 pm. But, there's no way my doctor was running back and forth delivering two baby girls 8 minutes apart who were both being adopted out...right? The man stayed with me the ENTIRE time because my mother wouldn't come in the delivery room with me and it (to be blunt and honest) made him mad as hell and he clearly despised my parents.
I sent an email back immediately while he was still online and said... IT ALL MATCHED.. THAT'S MY DAUGHTER PLEASE CALL ME.
Sooo what he did was he told her he'd looked for me and thought that he'd found me. A few minutes later my phone rang and I fully expected for it to be this actor on the other end but nope! IT WAS MY LITTLE GIRL! lol she's 25 but she's MY little girl. She emailed pictures and there's absolutely no denying her...she doesn't just look like me but she looks like her brothers, my niece (exactly) and even my older sister and my mother.
MAKE A FACEBOOK PEOPLE..POST IT ON THERE AND ASK YOUR FRIENDS TO DO THE SAME AND THEN AS THEM TO HAVE THEIR FRIENDS DO THE SAME!!! ADD AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN ( I HAD LIKE 500 FRIENDS ON MINE..i DIDN'T KNOW BUT A HANDFUL OF THEM BUT PEOPLE LIKE HELPING WITH THIS STUFF!)
IT WORKS.. IT WORKED FOR ME.
How big of a miracle was this...especially since she'd never once registered anywhere..ever! And I still found a needle in a haystack living in NYC!
We talk daily.. I'm flying her down along with MY THREE GRANDBABIES..as soon as she's comfortable doing so. It's not at all what I expected. She's kinda shy toward me...she's kinda untrusting toward me...BUT.. she calls me every day several time per day and we're getting to know each other.
Just try what I tried.. it worked for me and mine was a closed adoption and my daughter never once looked for me because she THOUGHT I was a mean person who wrote a mean letter to never look for me.
Praise God... Thank you Lord...My empty is gone!!!!!!!