Advertisements
Advertisements
We are in the process of adopting two children from Cameroon, and were looking for someone that has adopted successfully from there. I know there is a lot of scams and corruption there, but we know the orphanage founder personally. If anyone has or you know of anyone that has adopted from Cameroon, can you please respond, as we have a few questions? Thanks...
Advertisements
If you haven't already seen it, please visit the website of the U.S. State Department, and look at its discussion of the adoption process in Cameroon. Here is the web address:
[url=http://adoption.state.gov/country/cameroon.html]Cameroon[/url]
Sharon
We have all that info, but the lawyer for the orphanage in Cameroon has said that you can get around those requirements...(like in Uganda, the requirement is to live there for 3 years, but that obviously isn't happening and there are ways to get around that). So I just wanted to know how to find someone who has actually adopted from Cameroon and ask about their experience. There haven't been many adoptions from Cameroon, so I don't know how to located someone other than a forum...Thanks for the help, though!
Actually the discussion of "getting around" the law isn't allowed here on the forums - our Terms specify that discussions can't violate the law (that includes the laws of other countries).
So that might be why you're not getting any replies.
My reason for posting was not to discuss "getting around" the law here. I was really just trying to locate someone to discuss and share with our social worker what to expect when we go to court and finalize in Cameroon. This will be our adoption agency's first time to adopt from Cameroon. They facilitate adoptions from Uganda already and have successfully adopted without the adoptive parents going and living there for three years. That's all I was getting at...that I have all the info from the US State Dept, but I just don't know how to locate people who have successfully adopted from Cameroon. So, if anyone can let me know how to locate people or know of someone, can you reply? I am just wanting to know what to expect when we go to get the kids...Thanks so much...
Advertisements
hello i am from cameroon and really want to be adopted out of the country cuz of the ongoing war here, i successfully escape from, i can get to a friend who can help yo with everything if any one of trust me. let me drop my email here.ndiforsamson@gmail.com
Hello I am 19 years and my name is Javen, am from Lagos, Nigeria. I have a separated family, I lost my dad in a car accident when I was 2 and my abandoned me to my father's family where they maltreat and abuse me.
am really depressed and feeling suicidal, I want to continue my education. I lack financial needs
I just want a very kind, caring, loving and a good mother here. Please contact me on my mail horsunimole2@gmail.com