Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
No but I would love to hear how it's going for you. I'm from St.Croix and would love to adopt from the carribean.
Hi,
I'm from st.vincent living in st.vincent for the time.
My parents are giving my sister for adoption to the usa and i've been helping to make the whole process go through.
I will be willing to share what i know if you have a specific question.
The best place to get accurate information about adopting from St. Vincent and the Grenadines is at the website of the U.S. State Department. Here is the full web address -- [url=http://adoption.state.gov/country_information/country_specific_info.php?country-select=st._vincent_and_the_grenadines]ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES | Intercountry Adoption[/url]. If you have difficulty using that, just plug adoption.state.gov into your browser, and when you get to the site, look for the box where you can choose the country for which you wish to get information.
Sharon
The information that Sharon posted is complete and accurate.
If you decide not to hire an US based adoption agency that do everything for you there are a few things to note that I feel important to mention. It'll be less frustrating if you have a heads up.
St.vincent is a small country. Things aren't always done with the efficiency and professionalism that you may be accustomed to in the usa but don't let that get to you. We're very accustomed to that here but we don't like it either.
The [url=http://adoption.state.gov/country_information/country_specific_info.php?country-select=st._vincent_and_the_grenadines]ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES | Intercountry Adoption[/url] site has the whole process laid out. I never even knew about this site so I had to gather all the same info from around the web.
To get what you want done with the highest efficiency possible in st.vincent it's important to know all the steps in the whole process.
The next important tip is to follow up on your paperwork. This means don't leave it up to your vincentian lawyer to stay up on everything. If paperwork is taking longer than expected then follow up. I have a story about this but I can't tell it because it'll be too easy for them to tell who i am. Just know that the best way to get what you want is to simply follow up with a good attitude and people who are responsible will be willing to help.
That's it!
Being a small country it's understood that better life and opportunities exist outside our shores. They are generally happy when a child is getting adopted because it generally means a better future.
It's a very simple process once you have all your paperwork submitted in st.vincent.
-Your vincentian lawyer submits all your paperwork to adoption board
-then adoption board reviews paperwork and approve
- then paperwork goes to the highcourt judge for final approval and a future court date.
You will be expected to come to st.vincent for the future court date where adoption is finalized and child is officially yours. the rest of the process is on the site above.
At the time when you submit all your paperwork you can give the lawyer a time period where you are able to come for the court date. If you don't do this the judge will set a random date.
Based on our experience, once all your paperwork is submitted it takes less than 2 months to receive your court date. Maybe the adoption board meets once per month, i dunno.
From the state.gov site I can see that very few adoptions are done in this country. I hope you would consider loving a child from st.vincent. Its a beautiful country, generally safe, people are nice and there are lots of young single mothers who would probably be willing to give their child for adoption in hopes of letting them have a better future.
I plan on adopting a few children myself when i'm married.
I'll post updates to this thread once everything goes through.
note:
I don't know anything about adoption agencies so maybe this information won't be relevant if you are working with an agency.
Advertisements
Hello!
I am in the process of adopting two little boys from St. Vincent and The Grenadines. We have just received our referral (about two weeks ago) and we are going forward full force. I can answer any questions you have! Feel free to email me.
We are working with an agency called Creative Adoptions. They are currently the only agency able to facilitate adoptions from SVG. They have been excellent.
We cannot wait to get our boys! They are 1.5 and 3.5 and I can hardly wait to see them.
Best of luck!
Reba
11/29-Referral accepted for 2 sibling boys, ages 1.5 and 3.5
12/1-Completed all applications to adopt boys
12/11-Application accepted and approved from agency
12/13-Still finishing homestudy and preliminarily moving into dossier prep.
7/13-Projected coming home day!
We are doing a private adoption and expect to bring our little boy home in late June or July. It has been a very quick process. In total it will be about 6 months.
Hi all, DH and I are looking at 2 different programs at the moment. One in EE and the other in St. Vincents and the Grenadines. Both independent or private. Would y'all involved in the independent/private triade be willing to pm us about the specifics? Oh, and will y'all have to go to another island to get your child's visa? I live in FL, with family in PR. This option looks as if may be a.good fit for us. Thanks all!
We are looking into adopting a toddler from St. Vincent/Grenadines and I was wondering if anyone who has gone through this process would be willing to share information about their experience.
Thank you.
Advertisements
We are in the beginning stages of the adoption process to adopt through Creative Adoptions, which works with several eastern Caribbean islands...including SVG. I would live to hear of other's experiences!
Hi Everyone,
I’m in the process of adopting from St Vincent and would love to be connected with anyone whose been through the process.
Thanks!
Justine