Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I currently have no children and we are working with an adoption agency. We are fairly certain that we wish to internationally adopt a child who is a toddler or slightly older. Would anyone be willing to share there experience/knowledge with regard to post-placement of older children?
ALSO, we are seriously considering the idea of adopting more than one child at a time--that is, a sibling group. **However, the likelihood of being referred a sibling group of three or more children is much greater than a sibling groups of two.** So, we have some concerns about taking on an adoptive family of that size all at once.
I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!
[url=http://www.reecesrainbow.org/angelsiblings.html]Reece's Rainbow[/url]
There are some siblings there. The Reeces Rainbow charity offers grants for adoptive parents, too.
Advertisements
jsjs
My husband and I currently have no children and we are working with an adoption agency. We are fairly certain that we wish to internationally adopt a child who is a toddler or slightly older. Would anyone be willing to share there experience/knowledge with regard to post-placement of older children?
ALSO, we are seriously considering the idea of adopting more than one child at a time--that is, a sibling group. **However, the likelihood of being referred a sibling group of three or more children is much greater than a sibling groups of two.** So, we have some concerns about taking on an adoptive family of that size all at once.
I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!
My husband and I adopted a family of 3 silbilings from Russia approximately 8 years ago. When they came to us, they did not speak any English. It was helpful at first for them to have each other, but there are some disadvantages. In Russia, my son, as the oldest sibling at the age of 10 had to act as a representative of the family. He had to give his formal approval of bringing his sisters. His sisters did not want to come to America, and this has caused a significant wedge in forming a solid family relationship. In terms of 1 versus 3, I think if you do not have children now, jumping in and getting three at once is not that hard. We did not have children either--just a dog. In the beginning, it is a hard adjustment--it would be regardless of one, two or three.