Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Dickons
The link is broken so I have not read the report.
But stop and think about it for a minute...
A baby is in his/her mothers womb for 10 months...they know their mother, her smell, her voice, her touch.
A baby/child is raised by their mother and father (sometimes) and bonds to those parent(s) and based on the circumstances that the adults cause the baby is removed...the baby/child is bonded but removed.
A baby/child lives with foster parents while the parents either work their case and fix their issues or not...and I am assuming we are talking about those parents who worked their case plan and fixed their issues...
If the parents work their case and fix their issues then the child goes home - to the original bond...
So how would the foster parents bond be any more valid than the original bond? Simply because the foster parents want to adopt?
Kind regards,
Dickons
Yeah, ok. So, what about a child who is in fostercare for 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, etc. when the parents fix their issues? Do you think a child's life stands still? What happens when the secondary bond (I use that term since you used original) is stronger? Then what?
And, who says the fosterparents "simply" want to adopt? What if the FPs never went into it thinking of adoption? Can you leave room for the thought that just maybe the child really is better off left where he/she is?
If I have learned anything it's that there is nothing simple about the fostercare process. Every case must be decided based on that case.