Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I just had to go on a big search for a car seat that my DD could be in the 5pt harness with her height because even though she is old enough, heavy enough and tall enough for a booster seat (where you just use the regular seat belt), I didn't think the seat gave her enough support with her physical disabilities. So I thought I would share what I found in case others are looking.
Britax Frontier 85 Harness until 85 pounds or 57 Inches tall, then turns into seat belt booster
Britax Boulevard Harness until 65 pounds or 49 inches tall
Britax Regent (If you can find it still) Harness to 80 pounds and I think 57 inches (I can't find the height limit anywhere)
Sunshine Kids Radian There are 3 different harness versions all with a minimum of 65 pounds and 53 inches tall. These are not very wide at the base so you can fit 3 across in a regular car. And they rear face to 45 pounds. Low entry level for easiest possible kid placement.
I went with the Radian because it fit the best in my car and because of the low profile at the hips (makes it easier for me to physically lift her into the seat).
Anyway, just thought I would share. If anyone has any other suggesting for 5 point harness seats that allow you to use the harness on a kid over 48 inches tall, feel free to add to the list!