Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi All!
I am in the midst of a search via Depelchin in Houston, the agency that handled my adoption in 1971. I received my non-ID information some time ago; it was very interesting and informative - I've lost count of how many times I have reread it! Now I am waiting, more or less patiently (some days more patiently, others decidedly less) to see if the researcher gets back to me with any results.
If you have used DePelchin's search services, I would love to hear about your your experience, and have some contact with someone who has "been there"! If this is you, please drop me a line via PM any time! Thanks, and I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
:)
I, too am just starting the post adoption search from mine that took place in 1970. I just received their service fee schedule. Curious if I should start with the Intermediary Services for $300 or go ahead with the Search and Contact Services for $550 Did you have any luck???
Advertisements
It was a mixed bag in my case... DePelchin did locate and contact my birth mother, however she was not ready to proceed, so at that point everything stopped.
Even though it was not the result I wanted, I feel good about having made the effort and gone the route of using their search and contact services. At the end of the day for me just getting the non-ID info was well worth it as it answered a lot of questions of mine, and raised some very interesting nature/nurture issues!
I'm in the midst of helping my best friend find any of her biological family after the recent passing of her adoptive mother preceeded in death by her father, leaving her with no immediate family. Could someone help me out on where to start... She was adopted through depelchin in 1969 i have all of her legal paperwork, descriptive info on her biological family just no names.
I just really need some information. I have no idea what to expect. We have no other children and have some basic questions... like what do I need to be doing now? I set a deadline of August 15th to get our application completed and turned in, but then what?
Last update on January 27, 11:40 am by zzsszz zzsszz.