Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
I am hoping someone can help us.
We received our I800 provisional approval and the letter indicates that we need to file a Visa application but it does not clearly indicate where to send it to.
The adoption is in Colombia. Should we fill out form DS-230, where do we need to send it to for a Colombian Adoption?
I asked our adoption agency but I am almost certain they themselves are trying to figure it out so any information I can get on my own would be really really helpful.
Thank you.
Folks, I found out on my own what the process is. Each adoption agency has a representative in the foreign Country. The representative is suppose to hand deliver the DS-230 and return a couple of days later to pick up two documents, Article 5 and a letter for the judge.
My adoption agency is not necessarily the most proactive agency; they could share these things ahead of time. So they tried to make up for their pitiful communication skills by telling me that there was no rush, the I800 approval still needed to be sent via cable to the embassy.
Being the person that I am, I figured out how to speak to the department at the embassy that deals with adoption visas. While I was not surprised, I was upset. The approval had already been sent to the embassy via cable and we were told that if we take them the DS-230 today that we would have the two needed documents by Monday afternoon. How do you like that???? The person also asked me how come my adoption agency’s representative was not the party contacting them. I told the person that my agency said that the Embassy is supposed to contact the representative not the other way around. The embassy told me that they do call representatives but that the good agencies are in constant communication to ensure no time is lost, that there is no guarantee when the embassy will call, it can be a day after the cable or it can be much more….
People, please make sure that you are on top of your entire process, question everything, push for shorter timeframes and don’t be afraid to pick up the phone and call directly if you dont agree with what you are being told…..
Advertisements