Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
shadow riderer
I wonder, when people are so adament about nurture being over nature, if it is more of a "need to control" issue for them?
I think there is some need for control in a process that you have so very little control over as an AP. There is that positive "thought" process that you can just "nurture" all those negative biological things right out of them, so they will be "fine"...just as perfect and wonderful as one of your bio children would have been...
Well what's saying your bio child would have been so perfect? We're all flawed. Some of that you can "help" with good parenting and some of it you just can't.
I think nature and nurture go hand in hand really. You get what nature gives you and you nurture the heck out of it...which is the same you would do if they were your bio children. One doesn't truimph or one up the other...this isn't a boxing match where one will win over the other.
At least I don't think. :) All I know for CERTAIN is that nature handed me two kiddos that are WAY cuter than I could have ever created!!