Advertisements
Advertisements
Isaiah is a year behind in CCD. We forgot to sign him up last year, now this september he has to go through what would be the first grade class, even though he is in second grade in public school, and will be eight this year( october 13th). So he won't be able to get first communion until he is in third grade. Do you think this will cause any social problems for him?
I really don't know the answer to your question, but I wouldn't think it would cause a problem. What about all the kids whose families convert when they are older. They all have their first communion when they are older.
Advertisements
When my daughter attended classes, she was "on-time", but many others were not. The church had different classes depending on your grade. I think they understand that parents can not get their kids to classes when they should.
Happy123
I'm a 4th grade ccd teacher. I have two 1st Communion kids. They attend a separate preperation class with other older kids in addition to my class. If the year just started, I would have asked if he could attend second grade class and make up the first grade work thru homeschool or attend class twice a week -1st one night, 2nd grade on another day.
The church had different classes depending on your grade.