what states are easy to adopt from?
I was wondering if me and hubby were to do a interstate adoption which state would be the easiast to adopt thorugh, we live in KY?
not tennessee. lol.
A lot of people seem to like Texas
we were very successful in OH - You really need to look at your tollerance for Risk / and the state's laws - the Birthmom could not sign before i think 72 hrs - but once she signed there was no going back for her. That was VERY important to me.

Gook Luck
I have heard TX as well as a good state to adopt from...
thanks guys that helps alot, I will do some more research on this
Our girl is from Texas (we're in Florida). She's been home with us for 3 months. Texas has been good to work with, but nothing about the adoption process is "easy".
Just matched with girl in TX (we are in FL)
From initial conversations with the worker from TX, it sounds like she doesn't anticipate any issues. Many other states seem VERY resistive to out of state.

If anyone does have any specific experience or advice on dealing with FL as a 'receiving' state, we'd be most appreciative!

Thanks!
Andrea
I was told the Rhode Island is good, as is Colorado.

And of course Texas and Ohio.

Anyone know how California is???
mommytoEli said...
not tennessee. lol.

TN is hard even when you live here...we are looking out of state.
andiEllen said...
From initial conversations with the worker from TX, it sounds like she doesn't anticipate any issues. Many other states seem VERY resistive to out of state.

If anyone does have any specific experience or advice on dealing with FL as a 'receiving' state, we'd be most appreciative!

Thanks!
Andrea

This was us! We were in FL our girl was in TX. TX side was easy, Florida dropped the ball again, and again. Florida is so complicated because of all the different agencies involved since DCF contracts out.
_ladybug_ said...
TN is hard even when you live here...we are looking out of state.

I completely agree with the TN comments.
Oregon has a great system, easy to work with and good child welfare practices. But the number of waiting kids is pretty low right now. Depending on what you are open to, it is worth a look. You can check the Northwest Adoption Exchange for kids.
Don't mean to hijack the thread but anoyone adopt from Missouri that was out of the state?
Definitely not Florida. Our interstate adoption with Florida (we are in WI) was a nightmare. All stories that I've heard with FL are bad... After we finalized our social worker told us that she cringed when we first told her that we were looking at kids there. Smile But these were our kids, what else do you do?

We know a couple of families in WI that adopted through Missouri and it's been great.