Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey guys, thought I'd get a few opinions on this. Yall always have such great answers! ;)
We have two sweet girls 3 months and 15 months. The mom has 11 more months to work out the case plan, and CW says we'll start discussing "permanency" in 5 months.
Well, we just found out we are pregnant! I'm about 7 weeks along, doc says everything looks really great (kind of funny seeing as it's the same doc that said we wouldn't be able to get pregnant without medicine).
How and when should I tell the CW? The plan for now is to wait until I'm around 20 weeks and obviously pregnant. DH and I have agreed that if the girls are free for adoption we would adopt them even with the new one coming along.
Any advice? The girls are a handful, and I am tired alot, but my husband is super great at helping out, and so far it's been hard, but wonderful. I love being a mommy!:D
Ohhhh how totally cool! CONGRATULATIONS! I agree that 20 weeks is a good time frame, you then have a baby who is clearly out of m/c range and you are settled in the pg.
If it's not going to bother your plans for the kids you have now then there is no reason to "upset" the situation at this time.
I'm so happy for you!
Advertisements
Congratulations!! Sounds like you and your DH have thought this through and your plan is a good one. You'll be tired for sure, but what Mom isn't?!
Our FKs are are 2 and 1 and their mom is expecting again - DH really wants to have a baby, but I'm nervous about the possibility of having 3 under 3 and being pregnant, but it's really out of my hands - I'm done with birth control at this stage in life and what ever happens, happens!
Congratulations again!
Congratulations! I'm going through the same thing but had to handle it a different way. I'm pregnant with twins and this is a VERY small town & word was getting out. So-I told L's caseworker personally at 13 weeks so he didn't find out from someone else. I told A and S's caseworker immediately because it is a relative placement and I didn't want my neice to tell her before I could!
I can tell you, the CWs took the news very well and I made sure to communicate to them I still wanted to be the kid's permanant resource if they could not R/U. I'm a little panicked at an even slight possibility we may end up with 5 under 3...but I love them and we will make it work!
CONGRATS! And welcome to the club...
First, you will be exhausted for the next few weeks but it really does get better. So hang in there! Use your hubby a lot, he might as well get used to it now. :)
I'm at 35 weeks now so the cat is really out of the bag. It's my first pregnancy and I'm tall so I didn't really show until around 25+ weeks. The social worker that does the home visits monthly didn't notice (I didn't dress to show off my bump either) so we waited quite a while to tell anyone. I did finally email the CW to tell her that we were expecting and that our FK's were very excited to get a new sibling. I emphasized that our plans to adopt them had in no way changed.
One thing that came up that you might not have considered is that biomom is totally pissed off at me. She first said she thought we were infertile. When she was reminded that we warned her that we may have biokids someday when we visited her in prison she didn't deny it but she's still telling family members that she's mad at me (like DH had nothing to do with this! Ugh!). Of course, she's been off her meds and doing illegal drugs so who knows what her frame of mind will be next time we see her in court. Her concern is that we will consider her kids 'second best' which I can understand on one level but on the other hand it wasn't ME that abused and neglected them in the first place. Very insulting!
Also, I now cry like a baby at every hearing. **** pregnancy hormones. Very embarassing!
It's going to seem overwhelming until the reality sets in, then you will realize how amazingly blessed you are and that you can indeed handle it all!
Advertisements
CONGRATS! And welcome to the club...
First, you will be exhausted for the next few weeks but it really does get better. So hang in there! Use your hubby a lot, he might as well get used to it now. :)
I'm at 35 weeks now so the cat is really out of the bag. It's my first pregnancy and I'm tall so I didn't really show until around 25+ weeks. The social worker that does the home visits monthly didn't notice (I didn't dress to show off my bump either) so we waited quite a while to tell anyone. I did finally email the CW to tell her that we were expecting and that our FK's were very excited to get a new sibling. I emphasized that our plans to adopt them had in no way changed.
One thing that came up that you might not have considered is that biomom is totally pissed off at me. She first said she thought we were infertile. When she was reminded that we warned her that we may have biokids someday when we visited her in prison she didn't deny it but she's still telling family members that she's mad at me (like DH had nothing to do with this! Ugh!). Of course, she's been off her meds and doing illegal drugs so who knows what her frame of mind will be next time we see her in court. Her concern is that we will consider her kids 'second best' which I can understand on one level but on the other hand it wasn't ME that abused and neglected them in the first place. Very insulting!
Also, I now cry like a baby at every hearing. **** pregnancy hormones. Very embarassing!
It's going to seem overwhelming until the reality sets in, then you will realize how amazingly blessed you are and that you can indeed handle it all!
i too am pregnant. I waited until after my 1st sonogram (9 weeks) to tell my CW. I was planning on waiting longer, but i too live in a small town and i didnt want DHR to find out from someone else. I just made it very clear to her that my pregnancy has no affect on fd. Other than if we get to adopt her, she will be a big sister!!! Our caseplan was already changed to adoption by current foster family...My little one will turn 2, 2 weeks after the new baby is due!!!! Congrats on your growing family!
I was pregnant with my third child while fostering. I had a foster son who had been with us since we first started... so about a year and a half at the time. But when our worker called to ask us to take a sibling group of 3, I told her I was pregnant. I couldn't keep 6 kids in the house, so I needed to be sure that they weren't going to need a home longer than the 7 months I had left in my pregnancy. It was earlier then I planned to tell her, but necessary.
I had also lost a child at 33 weeks and my first child was born at 27 weeks... so we knew my pregnancy wasn't going to be an "easy" or "normal" one. This one worked out great though... the three kids went home with their parents and I had my son a few months later at 35 weeks and he is doing great!
Advertisements
Congrats!:banana:
Well you have alot of support here. And from me too. But I will share my opinion, and thas is all it is;)
Consider the pregnancy, and if it's too much or not. And remember like they teach in the classes we all take, how important the first year of a baby's life is in development. How will it effect baby if the kiddos leave when baby is 1yr old or so? Or if kids stay, what will the behaviors be due to stress during the premanency transition? I'm not being negative, just being a little reminder "birdie" in your ear:eyebrows:
Only you know your fam, and esp if you have lots of support, Go for it!
Our support dropped quickly in our 1st year of fostering. So we ended up with none while pregnant, having our own 2 and 2 hard cases also.
Best wishes. Just wanted to honestly share. Hope everyone doesn't mind. :popcorn:
GOod for you. i'm sure it will all be fine. keep the secret at long as possible from the caseworker. t hey love that! best wishes!
Hon, if it were a pregnancy I would not be telling anyone until I was AT LEAST 12 weeks because of the micarriage chances. So I would say you are just fine!