Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, we are soon to finalize our adoption. Would like to find a group or play group in the Houston area for adoption & transracial adoption. Anyone know of one??
Thanks!
I don't know of a support group in the area but we'd love to get together for a playdate. We adopted transracially... four times. Our oldest is 9 and our youngest is 2. We're in the Clear Lake Area.
PM me. I'd love to meet up. Bay Area Park maybe?
Advertisements
I am thinking about starting a Church Based Adoption Support Group / Bible Study in Deer Park. My family has 2 bio children, and one trans-racial foster child we are trying to adopt. Would any of you be interested in more info?
My husband and I are looking into adoption and we're a bit overwhelmed and nervous about picking a good agency. Could anyone recommend one in the Houston area?
That completely depends on what you want. Do you want to adopt internationally (if so, what country?) Do you want to adopt an abused or neglected child from CPS? Or Do you want an agency to find a pregnant mother who does not want the baby?
Hi Witty, Congrats on the adoption. Just a tip, you may want to through some of the posts on the birth parents side to brush up on termenology. Stating "pregnant mother who does not want the baby" can be found offensive by birth parents & tsome of them will tear you apart. Phrasing is very important to them, like it is to adoptive parents.
Advertisements
mommyto2QT
Hi, we are soon to finalize our adoption. Would like to find a group or play group in the Houston area for adoption & transracial adoption. Anyone know of one??
Thanks!
Adoptive Families of Houston - we're only about a year old. Check us out adoptivefamiliesofHouston.org. We have educational programs, playdates, an annual picnic. Lots of fun and lots of useful info so far. The next educational program is June 15 on Adoption and Social media. You can check it out on our web site adoptivefamiliesofhouston.org. Anne
I know you posted this several months ago. Have you found an agency that you'd recommend? Any help would be great! Thanks :)