Advertisements
Advertisements
Just wondering if anyone here is currently in or recently completed court for final signature in Taiwan? Have several questions? Thanks so much
We just got our final ruling. We travel in one month. What questions fo you have? I would be happy to answer your questions.
Advertisements
Are they questions that you can ask openly? I would be happy to tell you about our court process, or what I know of it. Since a lot of the time you don't find out until after the fact in Taiwan adoption.
We had our court date on September 9th and got our travel date on October 11th for mid November. So about 2 months from Court date until Forever in Our Arms.
However, she was a waiting child, 5 years old. We sent in our intent to adopt her in January. Waited until May to get pre-approval from the orphanage. Sent dossier to Taiwan by June 1st. Then it was translated and waited for Court date. We found out our Court date on July 27th. That's been our process in a nut shell. It is different and easier and quicker for an infant. But the wait for referral is a lot longer. So all in all, it is quicker with an older child, just harder because you watch her grow up for nearly a year with out you.
I also think that the pre-approval took so long because I already have 4 kids. But that is just my theory. I hope I helped you.
My husband and I are doing independent adoption in Taiwan. We have a court date next week for our adoption! The problem is the court wants an English and Chinese Translation of our state's adoption law (UTAH) and the US Federal International adoption law. I have been searching for these things for a month and I am not finding what I need. Most people say our agency should have it but we are doing this independently, so no agency. I have contacted a few agencies about this but none have responded. I was hoping someone could help me find the English and Chinese versions of the Utah and federal international adoption laws. (I have found the Utah laws in English but not in Chinese and I still have not found the Federal Laws in either language) Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping someone has a copy of this or knows where I can find it. Please let me know! Thank you.
-Marissa
Advertisements