Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By danny
I was born 3/27/61 in pilot point, Tx at an agency known as the rest cottage. I know it has since burned down. Anybody else know of this place, or adopted from there?
1 Liked
 likes this.
mrsdiver5150
I was born 8/12/67 in pilot piont,Tx at a place called rest cottage. Im looking for any information about this place, I know it was ran by the nazarene church and a man named Dr. geren roberts was the superintendent at the time. I believe I was actually born at flow memorial hospital in denton Tx. I am looking for my birth mother. Iwas told her name is jeanette wilcher born in 1942. my birth name was trudy dawn wilcher. If anyone has any information about any of these places or people it would be greatly appreciated
Hello, My mother Carolyn Gillsepie was in the rest cottage at the same time as your mother. I received all my birth records from the Texas Dept of Records which was interesting, but all the pertaint inforation was blacked out for privacy reasons. In my search a few yesrs I found a woman that was really helpful in confirming all the inforation I already knew. You can IM her on AOL IM (free service) her screen name is Mjfralia. She found her adopted child after searching and she is a wealth of knowledge and likes to share her information. I am still looking for my mother even though I have so much on her already. I keep searching. Robert
Advertisements
i was adopted from there in 1958. i know of two others adopted from there. we have all found our birth mothers. i have copies of the news letters the facility use to send out. i went back as a child and saw the facility.you have to get a court order to obtain your original birth certificate that will have all of your mothers info on it. it only took me three phone calls after i received the info to be speaking with my birth mother!
Archive
Originally Posted By danny
I was born 3/27/61 in pilot point, Tx at an agency known as the rest cottage. I know it has since burned down. Anybody else know of this place, or adopted from there?
rest cottage was a home for unwed mothers that was run by the nazarene church. dr. roberts was the superintendent when i was born. you have to get a court order to get your original birth certificate from the texas dept of records otherwise you will only get a birth certificate that lists your adopted parents as your mother/father
lielalet
i was adopted from there in 1958. i know of two others adopted from there. we have all found our birth mothers. i have copies of the news letters the facility use to send out. i went back as a child and saw the facility.you have to get a court order to obtain your original birth certificate that will have all of your mothers info on it. it only took me three phone calls after i received the info to be speaking with my birth mother!
Hi I am looking for an adoptee that was born in the same place Rest Cottage and adopted out there in 1950. I found a record with his birth name and I know his birth mothers name . She is deceased now and I am trying to track his adopted name. He was born in 1950 HIs birth name was James Edgar Lackey but I don't know the adopted name Does the news letters tell anything that would help me get this info. thanks You can either email me or maybe post on here to my request.
I have searched everywhere on the internet trying to find information or a picture of Rest Cottage. I was adopted from Rest cottage in 1968. I have found my birthmother over 10 years ago, havent met her, hopefully will someday. She will not give me information on my birthfather, and she does know who he is. I would love to find him, but without a name, I never will. Anyway, everyone who has interest in seeing and learning the history of Rest Cottage in Pilot Point here is a link:[url=http://libraries.uta.edu/publications/CR/CR-Sp-09/CR-vol23.1-p3.htm]Compass Rose Newsletter, University of Texas at Arlington Library, Special Collections, UTA[/url]
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Hi Danny,
My son was born on 11/5/69 in pilot point, Tx at the same agency, We are trying to find his birth mother or father or both. Dr. & Mrs. Roberts, helped us with this adoption....the papers were sealed and we cannot find anything about them....have you located your bithmom? If so, how did you go about it?
Thanks Danny, and yes, we know of that place and my son was born in the Denton Hospital...he is now 34 yrs old. his b-mom was 13 at the time...
I was bon at Rest Cottage July 24, 1944. At that time they did not pass on much information only on a hand written piece of paper.
Gayle Fisher
1 Liked
 likes this.
I saw your post one day and in accessing my ancestry site, also came across a similiar post. I thought I should try to introduce you two, just a stranger trying to help you connect the dot.... here is a post from her to another person trying to also locate a parent who was a resident from The Rest Cottage...
Hi JC,
My twin sister and I were both born and adopted from the Rest Cottage, in Pilot Point, Denton County, Texas.....And we have found our birthfamilies in May of 2001......If you would just sent me an email , I'll email you back and give you the woman's name and email, and maybe she might be able to help you, since she was the one who help me with my adoption information, in Oct. of 1999......
Here is my email : Angelface12257@hotmail.com
Hope you get this message from me soon, I don't want you to give up of hope of ever finding your birthparents and siblings, because I do want you to find them, it would mean so much to you and I just want you to be Happy.....May God Bless,
Debbie
Good luck!
I Am Alsolooking However The Court Refused To Open My Record/ Did Not Know Mothers Name Seemed To Be The Problem. Was Born 1942 Rest Cottage.
Advertisements
lielalet
I am in need of help. I was adopted in 1942 fro rest cottage. do not know mom's name. asked court to open file tey refused. what do u do next? julie harris
Are you sure Hope Cottage burned down? In 1971, I went there to look the place over, as I was unwed & pg. I don't remember much, except it was a big house off in the country. The picture I found looks much like the house I remember, but can't find any mention of exact location. I didn't like the looks of the place, so chose not to reside there for the birth.
my mother was there or they handled the adoption of her first born whom we are searching. We are 6 siblings searching for anyone born to Barbara Joyce Clay she also went by Hipp, Clifton, Breeding, Spence and probably others and she also went by Bobbie and she would have gave birth in 53-56
Did you find the man you were looking for? I know a James who was born there in 1950.
Hi I am looking for an adoptee that was born in the same place Rest Cottage and adopted out there in 1950. I found a record with his birth name and I know his birth mothers name . She is deceased now and I am trying to track his adopted name. He was born in 1950 HIs birth name was James Edgar Lackey but I don't know the adopted name Does the news letters tell anything that would help me get this info. thanks You can either email me or maybe post on here to my request.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
I would greatly appreciate some help. I am about 99% certain I was born at the Rest Cottage in 1952. Reason is my adopted Father was a Nazarene Minister and one of my Aunts told me they adopted me in Pilot Point.
I would really like to find my birth Mother and Father. Does anyone know how I can do this. I am 70plus and this is something I am very dedicated to finding.
Noble
I would greatly appreciate some help. I am about 99% certain I was born at the Rest Cottage in 1952. Reason is my adopted Father was a Nazarene Minister and one of my Aunts told me they adopted me in Pilot Point.
I would really like to find my birth Mother and Father. Does anyone know how I can do this. I am 70plus and this is something I am very dedicated to finding.
Noble