Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Lucyjoy, we were told by the psychologist that just because a child can focus on a movie, etc. it does not mean that he/she does not have ADHD.
My daughter is not a disruption in her class, but she has trouble focusing, and I would say impulsive as well. She speaks without thinking and tries to speak for others. At home, she cannot stay on task. If I ask her to make her bed, she will, but if she happens to walk into her room and see a toy on the floor, she's totally distracted, and it may take 5 redirections before the bed gets made.
She's also very loud and can be argumentative, but would never argue with a teacher at school.
Falling to sleep is very, very difficult. She talks incessantly and keeps her sister awake.
While eating, she may be very fidgety and go to the washroom to get out of eating. She'll play with her hair, move the food around, etc.
I knew she had it at the age of 5 1/2, but without a teacher "seeing" it, it was pointless to have her tested because the teacher's documentation would differ from mine.
Two weeks prior to school finishing last June, the teacher approached my DH and suggested we get her tested. This was after approaching her a couple of times throughout the year with our concerns.