Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi!
I am a total lurker on the boards. We did an IA adoption 6 years ago. But this is a post from the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption and this is something too good not to shout from the rooftop. I hope this can be helpful
[URL="http://www.ifoster.org"]http://www.ifoster.org[/URL]
Blessings
Advertisements
Thanks for posting! I am wondering what category to put myself under (foster vs adopt) as I am fostering a specific child for the purpose of adoption. I know it probably doesnt matter much, but any opinions?
Armom
Thanks for posting! I am wondering what category to put myself under (foster vs adopt) as I am fostering a specific child for the purpose of adoption. I know it probably doesn't matter much, but any opinions?
Armom, this is what I read on the site:
"If you are a transition age foster youth (age 16 to 21), family (foster, resource, kin, guardian, adoptive) or organization (e.g. group home, transitional housing, CASA) supporting our children in foster care, we invite you to become a member and save!"
Since the goal is adoption, I'd probably go with that. Are you adopting from the foster system? This is the goal of the site, to help kids in the system.
This is a good thing. I've been asking local retailers when I shop if they support foster kids in any way. Usually, they don't. Then I tell them that they should. Same with Parks & Recreation and sports/other clubs. These kids need a break and deserve everything that a non-foster kid deserves. jmho :)
Advertisements
I signed up, they took my email address and I have not heard from them since. It said it would take up to 24 hours to get an email but now I wonder why they wanted just the email? I sure hope not to sell because like most of us "every little bit helps"
digmykids
I signed up, they took my email address and I have not heard from them since. It said it would take up to 24 hours to get an email but now I wonder why they wanted just the email? I sure hope not to sell because like most of us "every little bit helps"
Me too. I signed up a few days ago and haven't heard back. I'm hoping they are just slow to process the registrations.
Advertisements
I signed up and got my user name and password today...it really does work and has lots of deals. This is awesome! Really, everyone should do this!
For Canadians: Zellars offers 15% off all purchases excluding electronics for all foster parents with a foster parents ID card
Yay! I signed up yesterday and got my confirmation email today. Been seeing what the site has to offer. So far, the local restaurants have some good deals. Some have $25 gift certificates for $7.50. This might make Christmas shopping very easy this year...and affordable!
Advertisements