Advertisements
Advertisements
I am looking for my birth parents, I am a male that was born August 18, 1971 in Worcester. I was told that the adoption was through Catholic Charities.
I am going through the process with Catholic Charities and the State of MA to get any records they can provide but I believe the records are sealed.
8/18/1971
08-18-1971
08-18-71
Jb, my dh was born in 1966 and obtained his original birth cert from the bureau of vital stats. I believe all adoptees born prior to 1974 have the right to obtain this certificate. Hopefully, it will be easy to find your birth family from there. Good luck!
Advertisements
I sent in the forms to the department that holds the original birth records last week and am anxiously waiting to get it in the mail. I’m not sure how long the turn around is so now it’s just a waiting game.
I got the birth certificate today. A little overwhelming. I have a question about MA birth certificates if anyone can help.
It has my birth mother but the birth father area is blank but in the birth father field it has writing that says changed to then it has my adoptive last name with a date next to it.
I don't know if that is standard on a birth certificate with that has an adoption associated with it.
Any guesses?
Jb, there was no listed father on dh's obc either. (And his did not have the notations you describe).
Do you think you will be able to locate bmom with the info? Good luck!
Advertisements
Jb, there was no listed father on dh's obc either. (And his did not have the notations you describe).
loveajax
After about 20 min of looking online I think I might have found her.It's a little tough since she has a different last name but everything else fits.
Wow! That was quick! What are you going to do? I remember my dh saying it was all so surreal. Keep us posted!
I don't know just yet. I'm not 100% sure it's her, the birth certificate said she was 18 (could have been a lie) the person I found would have been about 16 1/2 which is plausable.
Advertisements
It wasn't her but after about 3 days of searching I found her. Well her parents, and kids I can't find a listed number for her just home address.
I was shocked to find she lives less than 1 mile from my old apartment in Worcester!
Her mother and kids have Facebook but she doesn't. I guess I have to figure out how I want to try to contact her.
Well it was her and I made contact through email. It took about 2 days for her to respond, I think it was a huge shock. I have to admit when she emailed me back I had a mild pannic attack.
We are going to keep in touch via email and maybe when I go back home at Christmas hopefully we'll meet.
Things worked out OK, I try to see her when I go back up to MA for the holidays.She was able to tell me about her hesitation to put me up for adoption and how she use to visit me in the orphanage until just before I was adopted.
We talked about my birth father but it seems to still be a very sore subject with her.
At this time I don't have any interest in looking him up but things might change as times pass.
Advertisements
I am seeking my birth parents I was born 3/30/1971 at Worcester memorial hospital.
I was told by my adoptive parents that my natural parents where french Canadian and young.
Thats all I have.
How can i find out my real birth certificate information so I can begin to track them down?
Send in a request from the department who holds/issues birth certificates.
Based on your birth year you shouldn't have any issues with it being sealed.
Good luck.
I am seeking my birth parents I was born 3/30/1971 at Worcester memorial hospital.
I was told by my adoptive parents that my natural parents where french Canadian and young.
Thats all I have.
How can i find out my real birth certificate information so I can begin to track them down?