Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
snc - I think that the idea is in cases where TPR is pretty much a foregone conclusion it would save everyone time money and heartache. I don't think it's a "threat" as much as trying to help them understand the nature of the issues.
As to having future children removed I am not sure it makes any difference if the termination is voluntary or involuntary..at least the statutes that I've read here just refer to "previous termination" not how the termination was achieved.
In our case Bdad was prepared to surrender but the parents split up and so bdad decided not to since bmom was not going to. It won't make ANY difference to the end result of the case...it will just drag it on for another 6 months. To us it doesn't really matter either way, we know FD will be safe, whether adopted by us or another family. BUT, I have also thought that later on in life it might be easier for her if we can say "your parents fought hard to do what they needed to to get you back" instead of "they didn't care enough to fight for you". Does that makes sense?