Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
sunny we have actually had that situatuion. we adopted our daughter thru foster care in IL and then her sib was born in IN. From what I understand, children that come into care are supposed to be placed with their siblings or other family if at all possible. Unfortunately we found that state politics and egos got in the way. There is NO reciprosity btwn states, so working with IN was like starting over. We were hopeful for 6 months while the baby was in short-term foster care in IN. It eventually became clear that IL and IN were not working together and IN would not approve the ICPC. The baby is almost one now and still lives in foster care in IN. Through the whole process, the social worker that worked with us in our daughter's adoption was wonderful. She put us into contact with the right people in IN and was a wonderful advocate for the siblings to be together. I would suggest asking for help from the agency/worker that assisted you with the first child's adoption. We would have been lost without the social worker and her experience. I wish you the best and hope you are able to bring home the baby soon!
sunny we have actually had this same issue. We adopted our daughter thru foster care in IL. A year later her sib was born in IN. From what i understand sibs are supposed to be placed together whenever possible. We quickly found that there is little reciprocity btwn states and IL and IN did not work well together. Red tape and ego got in the way and eventually our ICPC was declined. We were hopeful for the first 6 months that things would work out, but it has now been a year and the baby is still in foster care in IN. The caseworker that worked with us on our daughter's adoption was a wonderful resource and advocate when we were trying to navigate this process. I would highly suggest contacting the agency/worker that did your first child's adoption and see if they could help. I hope you have a better experience btwn states! Fingers crossed for you!