Advertisements
Advertisements
I am at a dead end trying to locate birth mother who I was told was 15 and forced to give me up, I was born in jennette hospital in 1980 on feb 26 by a girl I only know whos name was marie, and that later she had 2 daughters, the only name that was given to me was her first name and last but I question if they are even correct, the name is marie shawndell noel and he step fathers last name is agatucci. anything, to find her would be so appreciated
thank you so much
Advertisements
OK Jason -
Do you have non-ID information from the state of PA?
Did an attorney handle your adoption? If so, have you tried contacting the attorney?
Have you registered with the state reunion registry?
Have you received non-ID information from the hospital where you were born?
Have you done a Google search for the name Marie Noel in PA? There is a Marie Noel in Philadelphia..among other results.
If you provided a bit more info it might be helpful.
Also, see - [url=http://birthfamily-search.adoptionblogs.com/weblogs/elizabeth-duncan-part-2/comment-page-1]Elizabeth Duncan Part 2 — Adoption Search[/url]
Do you have non-ID information from the state of PA?
I have a birth certificate, that says baby boy, no name, mothers name as stated above, no father, thats it.......and the date of birth
Did an attorney handle your adoption? If so, have you tried contacting the attorney?
No an attorney did not handle this what my parents told me are misleads, I understand that this duncan lady handled teens who would come to her house and she would keep them till they were ready to birth, then she would take them to hospital sign in as their next of kin and the adopted parents would then come to the hospital and get the child........I do know now that I was paid for......how much I don't know.....as I said my parents who told me all my life that when I wanted information they would give it to me but now they are closed mouthed and needless to say we are not even speaking now.
Have you registered with the state reunion registry?
Yes I have
Have you received non-ID information from the hospital where you were born?
No, the next step I was going to do was physically go to that hospital to see if I could find some info
Have you done a Google search for the name Marie Noel in PA? There is a Marie Noel in Philadelphia..among other results.
Yes I have done numerous searches but still have come to a dead end......to be honest I don't really believe that the name I was given is even her name........as I understand it after doing research on the duncan lady, when she died in 1991 all records were destroyed......and there are thousands of them.....she was just some lady who got babies and found parents for them for a price of course, which is called expenses
My parents indeed know a lot of info about this, I was told I was adopted at a very young age, and my growing up was not very good as I was always, to present day made to feel that I was just not meeting their expectations.......I have charcot marie tooth disease and its advanced, I am going to be in a wheelchair and you would think that this would spark some empathy in them to help me track down some info.....I know they know, who she is, where she is and the real story.........but they are definitely hiding something..........I am really not even sure if my birthdate is correct. I found a woman from pa that is searching for a birth son, who is the right age and the birthdate is 2 days before mine, I contacted her via email thinking maybe it was a lead..........have not heard anything yet..........
I can never have children, never felt that I fit in anywhere, was made to feel that I did not belong and all I want is to know where I came from......nothing more.......I pose no threat to my birth mom and siblings I was told I have 2 sisters born after me also.......but as I said before at this point I have no idea of what the truth is......
thank you for your response and any more info is greatly appreciated
I would send a notarized letter of request to the hospital where you were born - request the release of your non-ID medical records and see what the hospital sends you. I'd call first and ask how much the fee is, etc. Don't tell them that you're an adoptee; just give them your date of birth, name, social security number, and let them pull your records.
I'm not sure if this will be beneficial as you say you think all records kept by the woman who handled your adoption have been destroyed, but - you may want to speak with an attorney about petitioning the state of PA for release of your records, as you do have a serious health condition. Sometimes the state may be inclined to assist you if there's a health issue present.
Do you have your ORIGINAL birth certificate or your AMENDED birth certificate?
Just an FYI - in most adoptions [I'd say 99%] the adoptive parents do pay someone to facilitate the adoption, whether it's an agency, an attorney, or both, etc. I see you mentioned that you were "paid for" a few times in your post so I didn't know if you knew that this was the "norm" or not.
You seem confident that your parents are hiding information from you...are you absolutely sure that this is the case, or is there a chance that they just do not know the information you're asking them for? I suppose that, if it came down to it, you could sue them or something for information, but I'd hate to see you all go through that.
Maybe you can also speak with your doctor and ask them to write a letter to the state asking for the release of your medical history and other records?
Advertisements
Thank you so much for all the good information of which I will definitely take all you said and do it........I have a birth cetificate and also a copy of a court paper, but the wierd thing is that the dates the adoption was granted on was a year after my birth, and my original birth certificate was filed a week after birth but not issued until 4 years later???????????..........This doesn't make sense to me.......Unfortunately, my parents really do have more information, and have basically lied to me numerous times about what they know and don't know........which I do not understand why I was always told if I want to know they will tell me....then when I want to know I am given false info and they want nothing to do with me..........there is a relative on my mothers side who is supposed to be in contact with my birth mother, I contacted her and she said she knows nothing but my parents say she does........now they all say I am crazy, and they know nothing........its not a good situation........as I said before, my childhood though from the outside looked like a great one in reality it was all an illusion and I never had any medical treatment for my disease that I was born with and was reminded all my life that I was adopted and such a disappointment as my mother even said point blank many times, if she would have known I would have turned out like this she would never have adopted me..........tell that to a child all of his life and well, I am almost 30, so needless to say, it messes you up..........any more suggestions, anyone, just talking and getting leads and ideas is helping me tremendously, sincere thanks.
Out of curiosity...is Elizabeth Duncan the same person that would organize summer picnics for adoptive families?? I was born in Pittsburgh, PA and was adopted in 1978...