Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
belleinblue1978
Congratulate her on the birth of her child and becoming a mom. Skip the thank you's. There are lots of reasons I say that, the biggest being I can't think of a single first mom who wants to be thanked for placing their baby. We don't do it to get thanked, we do it to give our little one a life we feel we can't provide.
I would say honor her as a mom during the short time she gets that honor. It may be hard for you, but I think in the long run you will be glad you did.
Thanks for the advice. No, i wouldnt think that you would want to be thanked for placing your child. I just dont know what to do because our SW has made it pretty clear what she thinks we "should" say, and i really dont agree with her, so i was curious what others thought. Our SW wants us to be all mushy and stuff, and myself and the mom arent mushy people at all. I know that she knows we are excited and i guess i dont think i need to tell her that over and over.
As far as the present, we were told by our SW that MOST aparents get the emom a little something when at the hospital and that we should too. Im fine with a present, its nothing big and i guess that i figured if we were going to visit a friend in the hosptial we would bring a present, so i dont find it coersive in our situation at least. (but thanks for mentioning it) She is very set in her plan as far as i know. Rach