Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
DancinBear63
If you and the expectant mom are both excited about the birth, then why not say, "Congratulations"? I know that it can feel awkward, but this is her moment, and she deserves all of the good things that come with having a baby. We gave our son's birth mom flowers, a stuffed Noah's ark, and bought one of those big door ribbons. We gave her a congratulatory card with it, but for the life of me, I can't remember what we wrote in it.
I'm not sure the degree of openness that you are planning to have, but you can really plant seeds for a good relationship in these early days. Our son had to spend a few extra days in the hospital following his birth, and we shared care of him with his birthparents until it was time to leave the hospital. Eventually, we did give them pretty mushy letters that we had written, but we had gotten to know them pretty well by that time.
Your right, why not say congratulations!!! I guess im just always worried about saying the wrong thing.
She is taking care of him in the hospital. We are just visiting for a little bit to see him and take some pics, talk to her, and then leaving again. I know that is HER time with him and we dont want to interrupt that.
I guess we were planning on having a semi open adoption, but as we progress, its becoming more open.
Thanks, Rach