Advertisements
Advertisements
Does it ever creep out the kids? I have a fear of clowns and would probably have a heart attack with the elf showing up in an unexpected place. DH will be one moving it around since he stays up later than the rest of us.
The kids are very excited about Christmas. They don't seem to have much incentive to change the bad behavior because they think they will get gifts no matter how they behave.
Advertisements
Sleeplvr
I'm trying to find the dark skin elf. The company that makes them is located near my office. :clap: I've got a couple of leads for retail stores and if I can't find one I can go by their office to purchase it.
The customer service rep said the dark skin elf is doing really well in sales in the Atlanta area.
I found mine on Amazon, and after looking at the original site, it looks to be the same price. It's not the plush one, but the one with the book.
[url]https://elfontheshelf.com/indexnf.php?id=buy[/url] Follow the link to gifts, and you will see what I mean...it wont link here.
The one I got is this one (female, with a book)
Go to Amazon.com and type in
pixie elf female
and it came within 4 days of ordering it, so not bad.
The darker skinned one can also be viewed by going to Amazon.com and typing in
elf on a shelf dark
Sleeplvr
Does it ever creep out the kids? I have a fear of clowns and would probably have a heart attack with the elf showing up in an unexpected place. DH will be one moving it around since he stays up later than the rest of us.
The kids are very excited about Christmas. They don't seem to have much incentive to change the bad behavior because they think they will get gifts no matter how they behave.
I wasn't sure with my daughter because she loves dolls but is afraid of their eyes if she is in the toy room and they are "looking" at her.
We're keeping the elf high on shelves so far, and so it does not intimidate her. It has a cute little face though, smiling, big cheeks, and eyes that look to the side (instead of straight forward), so that might also make it not intimidating. Soon after we got it, she did mention that she hopes it doesn't fly to any shelves in her bedroom (probably because of her fear of doll eyes), and I quickly said that Santa sent me an email that we were going to get a pixie elf this year, and that he has instructed them all not to go into children's bedrooms, because they know they can scare children if they go into their bedrooms, and they do not want to scare anyone.
Because she is six, I had to make up a story, that I have been on a waiting list for a pixie elf since I was her age. And one finally became available, and now that it's here, it will come back to make this her home every year. I just have to remember to put it away, high up in my closet and not with the Christmas decorations when I put it away each year. She will be arriving every Thanksgiving now. :-)
BTW, my DD was up in a minute flat this morning when I woke her. She REALLY wanted to see where the elf was!
I went to my local Barnes and Noble last night looking for the package deal. The store clerk said they have flown off the shelf because teachers are now buying them. Pretty smart way to deal with anxious kids at school.
DS has an issue with Santa, clowns & dolls. I was the child convinced my dolls were looking at me too. I used to turn them around or cover them up when I went to bed. My MIL has some creepy looking dolls in the bedroom where the kids sleep at her house. I turned them around and she went right back in there and turned them back around while the kids were still awake. :grr:
I was like that as a kid, still am to some extent..so is my oldest. Dh purchased a marrionette while in Germany and my oldest son was too scared of that puppet. lol
Sleeplvr
Does it ever creep out the kids? I have a fear of clowns and would probably have a heart attack with the elf showing up in an unexpected place.DH will be one moving it around since he stays up later than the rest of us.
Advertisements
Dolls freak me out too sometimes. My kids are not afraid of the elf though. M looked excited about it and then she got nervous because she realized that the elf may report her bad behavior. Then a few hours later she began crying saying that it was looking at her. But she's not afraid of dolls so I think it was a ploy to get rid of the elf so it could not report her behavior.
Since then she has been fine. Even placing half way decent behavior charts from school in his hands. They LOVE waking up in the morning and finding him.
The only bad thing is that you have to remember to move the darn thing each night. One morning I had a scare. I had forgotten to move the elf and I heard the kids coming. I JUMPED up out of bed, grabbed him and hid him under my shirt. Then when they went off to find him, I placed him somewhere. Phew!
I made the biggest mistake this morning!
I had forgotten to move the pixie elf last night, and just as I reached up to move her this morning, my DD walked into the family room, and said, "What are you doing, Mom?" LOL I felt like it was directly out of the scene of the Grinch when he was taking the tree and Cindy Lu Who woke up.
I let out a shriek and then I told my daughter that since she liked that spot so much, she flew directly back to the same spot this morning. But she looked like she was going to fall, so I was helping her up.
nickchris
Such pressure..lol
LIES, I TELL YOU! ALL LIES! Oh, but the tangled webs we weave! :eyebrows:
But the magical moments are so worth it.
Advertisements
I know.... lol and a spiked spice cider or two. :-D
KarenInCa
LIES, I TELL YOU! ALL LIES! Oh, but the tangled webs we weave! :eyebrows:
But the magical moments are so worth it.