Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello my name is rhonda and my husband and I are hoping to adopt through the state. We are new to the adoption scene, any advice on where to begin and things to make it go faster or easier? Thanks
Heya Rhonda! And hubby too!
There are a couple of threads for us newbies, and it has helped me with seeing that others are in the same boat.
I am going through the state of Colorado, and have been learning a great deal about patience. While my process has been longer than some (I had a job change last summer and wanted to get everything settled before the background check began), I am seeing through others posts that things can move pretty quickly at times also.
One piece of advice that I can give is to get signed up for classes, as it can take a while in some counties, and begin assembling documents such as financial information (tax records, W-2's), birth certificates, and make appointments for physicals. Also, get lots of pictures together....outings with family and friends, the cats/dogs/hamsters/guinea pigs/fish, take a few shots of your home, the yard, the local park, school, interesting things in your area. We needed all of that for a picture book for our files.
Advertisements