Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Meth babies.
I've heard Meth has some pretty strong effects as well. Our daughter was born cocaine addicted and her birthmom tested positive for cocaine 30/60/90 days back from the birth showing she was a heavy user. Our daughter had tremors until 3 months, very poor head control, screaming for hours everyday until about 7 months old, reflux, very small for age until about 9 months when she started catching up, asthma, multiple respiratory issues (infections, fluid in her lungs mainly), horrible eczema, moderate sensory issues, and hard to soothe. Developmentally she is on target now at 16 months. We just have ECI follow along services. I'm requesting OT but her pediatrician is not really on board. She wants to see if she continues to grow out of some of her sensory issues (she has improved over the past 3-4 months). Medically she will always be a challenge due to respiratory needs.
I agree with the study in regard to alcohol and drugs going hand in hand. It's hard for me to look at what my daughter has gone through realizing that it could have been prevented. Either way, I think these babies are amazing and have a great ability to overcome these challenges.