Advertisements
Advertisements
Lots of talk about what older adults want because after all everybody wants to be a parent.
Really, fail? because no agency has provided a child--and from some posts, must be an infant==when YOU want one?
With all due respect, it may not be that the OP is single, but that there is the expectation that when the desire for a child has been born to their natural parents, expressed and a child has not been relinquished to the OP, it's not about the PAP being single, it's about something else.
Advertisements
Patsymae, this is page is for Single Adoptive Parent Support!
This is a very old thread but I just went back and looked at all of the posts. I don't see anyone feeling "entitled" or that they are "owed" a baby somehow. I see people who want to be moms (nothing wrong with that!).
I remember well the pain and frustration of waiting to be chosen and feeling that I'd never be a mom. Please try to have some empathy. No one here is saying that they are entitled to or owed anything. They are just expressing their hopes/dreams and pain and frustration. No one here needs to be made to feel wrong for wanting what almost all people want. It's not as if people are talking about coercing expectant moms or saying that they are "better" than expectant moms.
Again, please try to have some empathy and offer support (on a support thread after all).
Patsymae
Lots of talk about what older adults want because after all everybody wants to be a parent.
Really, fail? because no agency has provided a child--and from some posts, must be an infant==when YOU want one?
With all due respect, it may not be that the OP is single, but that there is the expectation that when the desire for a child has been born to their natural parents, expressed and a child has not been relinquished to the OP, it's not about the PAP being single, it's about something else.
I don't want to sound like I'm bashing, especially when someone has already addressed this, because that is not my intent. However, I think it can often be hard for people to understand the whole single parent adoption "thing," and I know it is often hard to look beyond our own perception and experience.
The OP is asking (from my reading) if it is even possible for her to adopt, since she has been told she isn't going to be chosen. Many of us have been told that, and it is a very difficult thing to hear. It is also not true, but what is true is that it often does take longer for singles to adopt, and we have to deal with the pain of rejection over and over, not because someone is choosing to parent but because we are being told (or perceiving we are being told) that we are "not good enough." I also didn't see any responses that look like entitlement. I didn't even really see a huge amount of frustration, though frustration with the process is normal and natural.
I thought hard about posting because, like I said, I didn't want to come across as bashing, defensive, what have you. However, there are people who come to this forum (like the OP) who aren't sure if it is possible or ok to want to adopt as a single person, and I don't want anyone who might come across this looking for support to feel unwelcome. Think of it as someone going to the birth mother's support forum when their child's adoption has been finalized and talking about how the decision was really hard and they are in pain and maybe even regret making that decision or wish they could take it back. Would you expect an AP to post that they should just stop because they have already made the choice and just get over it? That would be both cruel and not in the spirit of the forum, because it is about providing support. I'm sure you didn't intend your post to come across that way, but to someone who is struggling with the waiting and hoping, it could very likely be extremely hurtful to be told that wanting to adopt is acting entitled.
HI I also would love to know the name of your agency that you worked with.thank you
Liz Hinlein
Single mom to be LA
My cousin used Creating Christian Families/Mother Goose Adoptions as a single woman.
We both also used Gloria Hawk for adoption guidance. Her services are not inexpensive, but my cousin had her son in her arms in 5 months and we had our daughter in 7 months.
It can be done!! Good Luck!
Advertisements
KAA2509
My cousin used Creating Christian Families/Mother Goose Adoptions as a single woman.
We both also used Gloria Hawk for adoption guidance. Her services are not inexpensive, but my cousin had her son in her arms in 5 months and we had our daughter in 7 months.
HI - so if I am Jewish can I still contact Gloria? And what state is she located in?
thanks!
Liz
KAA2509
HI - so if I am Jewish can I still contact Gloria? And what state is she located in?
thanks!
Liz
I dont know if i am at the right place but i think everyone and anywhere deserves to hear this.If you are not interested
please ignore.People,the state and parent have made adoption to look like its all about the money but i challenge that
fact.We now give more preference to those who are capable of taking care of them with money than those capable of taking
care of them with love which is what leads.I dont know if you are one of them but do not contact to insult or discourage
because this little Angel needs a home as soon as possible due to very obvious reasons and probable loss of parents so
please if you are interested please you can get to me for more information via email or phone at (302) 217-3041 and
<revterence0@gmail.com>. Thanks and please good and loving and God fearing hearts only.
Advertisements
I dont know if i am at the right place but i think everyone and anywhere deserves to hear this.If you are not interested please ignore.People,the state and parent have made adoption to look like its all about the money but i challenge that fact.We now give more preference to those who are capable of taking care of them with money than those capable of taking care of them with love which is what leads.I dont know if you are one of them but do not contact to insult or discourage because this little Angel needs a home as soon as possible due to very obvious reasons and probable loss of parents so please if you are interested please you can get to me for more information via email <revterence0@gmail.com>. Thanks and please good and loving and God fearing hearts only.
Last update on August 15, 3:36 pm by megera39.
Hi Bloomingteach, there are plenty of single women that have adopted infants - myself included.
I had a domestic infant adoption and was chosen by the birth mother. I used a national agency that was single friendly (if you're interested in the name of the agency pls PM). My daughter came home at 3 weeks and was completely healthy and downright gorgeous.
My adoption journey was not all that difficult and I can't imagine that I'm the exception here... As far as cost go, my agency basically had a "pay as you proceed" plan... So while the total cost was between 15k-20k, I paid a little here and there (app fee, homestudy fee, home visit fee, at match fee) so by the time my DD was ready to come home the final amount didn't feel so overwhelming.
There are also women here that have adopted infants from foster care and their children were healthy and the costs were minimal. Wait times may be longer for foster adoptions, but then again maybe not... it really just depends! Sorry, I don't know much about international.
If you're ready and want to adopt children... go for it! The hardest step is the first step.
( I KNOW YOU POSTED THIS SEVERAL YEARS AGO LOL BUT WOULD YOU MIND SHAREING THE NAME OF THE AGENCY YOU USED ) ✨AND ONE OTHER THING I CAN NOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO ( PM ) OR I WOULD HAVE DONE THAT SO IM SORRY....
1 Liked
 likes this.
hey hey, your are not the only one. I am a US resident and 24 and I want to adopt as well. I sure about it, I just hope that it wont be too hard to have a job and kids in America. I am German and it is a lot easier here to have both as a single parent. Where do you live? If you want to talk, email me. I dont have a man, but I would like to get one. But so far I havent found anyone with the same interest... (pets, adoption...) It is just a hard to find a man willing to adopt kids.
Thanks for sharing this information, it helps me solve some problems encountered. Keep sharing!
Last update on May 28, 9:57 am by megera39.
Advertisements
Thanks for your sharing, it helps me a lot and I think I'll watch your post more
Last update on May 28, 9:57 am by megera39.