Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: Roma kids
My son is Roma, so I have been reading a lot about them. From what I have read, the big problem that the governments have with them is that they do not accept any governments and do not beleive that they have authority over them. So thier beleif is that the law of the tribe is the only law that governs them. (not all Roma are the same, they are divided into loose tribes and each tribe has it's own leader and rules)
When I was adopting my son, I was told to pretend I did not notice his skin color. Here in Texas he passes for Mexican. My niece is half Mexican and everyone says they can tell she and my son are cousins cause they look so much alike. They both think it's funny. On the flight home I sat next to a Jewish man who had gone back to Poland to visit relatives. He described to me the way that the Jews are still treated there and said that it was worse for the "gypsy's" according to his relatives. I do know from my reading that many of the governments were trying to get the Roma to settle down somewhere, and choose one country to live in, instead of roaming all over Europe and Easter Europe like they have always done. They also want them to get documentation, which the Roma people prefer not to do. They like thier privacy and freedom.