Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We just found out that the birthmom, who voluntarily placed her baby with our agency and had her rights terminated on 12/1, is appealing the TPR. She filed the appeal on the very last day she could.
For those who have lived through appeals, how long do they take? I only talked to my agency briefly when they called with the bad news.
All I want for my amazing little guy to thrive, be happy and healthy, in our "forever" home, not shuffled from home to home. He was in foster care from birth until 10 months, then moved into our pre-adoptive home b/c the fostermom became very ill (and died!) We were going the straight adopt route, but when we were approached about this baby, we felt called to say yes, even though it's a legal risk.
I feel like no one understands what my hubby and I feel like, so I could really use some support. I am trying to be present and enjoy each moment I am with my baby, but I actually feel like crying (or screaming). And of course, I have to go back to work next week, so I am feeling guilty about that too.
Any encouraging words or input from those who have been on this road would be great!