Advertisements
Advertisements
Best of luck!
1. How long did your domestic adoption take from start to finish? 22 months (we had 4 mis-matches and then we finally got our daughter when we switched agencies. she was 3 weeks start to finish).
2. Did you have all the money saved up in advance, or were you able to come up with it along the way? We did have the majority saved, but then we got scammed by a facilitator for $6,000. We saved, prayed and prayed and miraculously we got a bonus from my husband's job just in time to pay finalization fees.
3. If you're comfortable sharing, how much did your adoption cost $29,000 (plus $6,000 we lost).
Last update on January 23, 9:19 am by Sachin Gupta.
Advertisements
When you discuss the cost for domestic adoption.... are you all discussing private domestic, or are you also covering government public domestic adoption? What is the difference in the cost? Are you paying the prices you pay when you use public domestic? Just curious.
When I answered this query it was with my own experience in mind and I did a public domestic adoption - costs are really nothing and the wait depends on what kind of matches are available for the criteria we specified.
I for some reason can’t make a thread
But I’m really curious if you need an adoption agency for international adoption?
I’m from Canada looking to adopt infant from the us
But the agency is telling me it costs 70 thousand dollars often
Best of luck!
1. How long did your domestic adoption take from start to finish? 22 months (we had 4 mis-matches and then we finally got our daughter when we switched agencies. she was 3 weeks start to finish).
2. Did you have all the money saved up in advance, or were you able to come up with it along the way? We did have the majority saved, but then we got scammed by a facilitator for $6,000. We saved, prayed and prayed and miraculously we got a bonus from my husband's job just in time to pay finalization fees..
3. If you're comfortable sharing, how much did your cost $29,000 (plus $6,000 we lost).
Thanks for the info James , it really had me get an idea of the whole situation, plus the necessity to beware of scammer .
Thanks again:grinning:
Last update on January 22, 3:36 pm by alphayash preet.
Our domestic adoption journey took about 18 months from the moment we started the process until we brought our child home.
We didn't have all the money saved up in advance. We had some savings, but we also had to come up with additional funds along the way. We were fortunate to have supportive family and friends who contributed, and we also utilized adoption grants and loans to help cover the costs.
Our adoption ended up costing around $35,000. This included agency fees, legal expenses, birth mother expenses, and other related costs. It was definitely a significant financial investment, but seeing our child's face for the first time made every penny worth it.
Advertisements