Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I've said "No" several times, and yes several times. My goal is to have a child come to my home who fits with me and my family, whom I can successfully heal, who will (eventually) be glad to be here, because he's convinced he's a fit. (Note I'm already saying no to girls.) The first time I said no I almost had a heart attack on the spot. I knew the people who did accept this little boy... with several adopted small children already... they eventually worked with fos-support groups and the department to find a new placement for him, where he would be the only child, as he was too aggressive with their other children. He was *fine* in both homes. I said no to him solely because I was called the first day, they had no clue if he had relatives who wanted him, not enough info for me.
I think your reasoning for saying no is very very sound. Possibly the person who called you isn't that familiar with your home /family configuration. If they are, perhaps they didn't think it through well. It could be just that they were desperate to get her into any bed for the night/week. That surely happens where I live.