Advertisements
Advertisements
:hissy: The homestudy is complete and I am finally registered, but still nothing. :confused: Now I am told it is a waiting game! They say I am looking at 1 - 3 years wait before I am matched with a child. :eek: I was thinking about looking into private agency too. What are your thoughts on that.
Advertisements
I am an adoption recruiter in Columbus, Ohio and I have a darling boy on my caseload named Anthony. He has cerebral palsy and is wheelchair bound. He loves church, rootbeer floats, and country music. Let me know if your family would be interested.
-Felicia Newell
614-341-6176
anything happening with anyone else in PA?
I am in the process of switching agencies. I expect to have a placement sometime after the middle of April, depending on how soon the worker with come for the walkthru after the new classes end.
Nothing happening here. I've gotten a few emails but either sibling groups of 4, beyond our age range, or significant behaviorial or emotional needs. We are looking for 1-2 children under the age of 7 years. We've only had one we said yes for consideration, but so far nothing.
Advertisements
Thinking I may look into another agency after I am more settled. I see that both of the sibling groups i was up for are now available again :banana: Imagine, that was 6 months ago and they are still available :popcorn:
Our last emergency placement went back March 2nd. We agreed we were remaining empty for the rest of March to give ourselves a break. They were a handful, but it was tough to see them go just the same.
We got a call on the 8th about an 18 yo girl & her newborn, said no.
I was on vacation last week and our worker called about two pre-adoptive situations. One was a sibling group of 4 under 6yo. H said he didn't even want to know about them, it was too much for us! The other was a sibling group of 3, ages 10, 9 & 6 (I think). There appear to be some emotional/behavioral issues there, though, so we're seeing if there's a little more info before we pursue it.
We also had a call last Thursday about a 14 yo needing a 30 day placement. My H missed the call at home and by the time I saw the message it was a few days later, so I didn't bother.
Our forever kids are out there somewhere, I keep telling myself.
I'm also in NEPA, Susquehanna County. My husband and I were just approved last month but are already disappointed. I really thought the matchinig process would be quicker. we've only gotten one call and it was for a set of 3 siblings. We are really only looking for 1 son, if the situation was right we may adopt 2 children, but 3 is quite a stretch. I assumed that because we were foster to adopt, the matching process would be different from stictly fostering. So glad I found this site for support!
Hi all,
Just wondering if there are any updates in PA? Has anyone been matched?
We are with a new agency (SA) for 2 months.:clap: I know it is going to be hard to find one single girl.
We received a referral of a healthy toddler boy but we really want a girl. Two more yrs at this and then we are just going to live without a child.
Very frustrating.:grr:
Advertisements
Melissa-
That is wonderful. What are there ages? My CW said it will be harder because we want one girl. We did just get a referral for a single boy. He was a cutie but a boy and we really want a girl. Losing hope. It has been 2 yrs. Maybe it is not meant to be.
lyn10
Hi all,
Just wondering if there are any updates in PA? Has anyone been matched?
We are with a new agency (SA) for 2 months.:clap: I know it is going to be hard to find one single girl.
We received a referral of a healthy toddler boy but we really want a girl. Two more yrs at this and then we are just going to live without a child.
Very frustrating.:grr:
Would you really pick living without a child over parenting a healthy toddler boy, or do you already have a house full of boys?
I'm just going to put this out there--
Before I had any kids, I really was completely positive that I wanted all boys. Then, a couple years into fostering, we were placed with our daughter, and all of that changed pretty quickly.
Good luck in your search.
We discontinued our adoption journey. After three years the emotional toll of waiting was too much. It seems that unless you were willing to take special needs children or teens, we aren't needed. Maybe if we went with county rather than private or straight foster, but I get frustrated with county. As it turns out maybe it is for the best, our daughter currently needs extra time and attention to overcome her challenges.
Best of luck everyone!
Advertisements
The little boy is placed now. My CW and I had a long talk and she said to wait. She said the landscape changes over time. It has been slow all over as far as placements. She is advocating for us and she knows that both my hubby and I really want a girl. I have mentored girls over the yrs. Anyway, she said there have been single girls with minimal issues adopted in the past and just wait. We can wait. If classmates are having babies at 43, we can wait much longer for a 7-11 yr old.
1 Liked
 likes this.
in southwest PA & still waiting! changed agencies after 1yr & not having luck with this one either! is it better to go with county? losing hope here...good luck to all!