Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hmmm.. Actually, I think attachment problems affect everybody in the childs life. Your attachment patterns affect how you relate to everybody, adn whilst parents bear the brunt of the childs deep issues...I don't think a truly RAD child would be any more attached to their siblings than their parents. Attachment is a transferable thing. That's why if a child is attached to a FP (actually properly attached) they can usually go on to attach to new parents. A child who is truly attached in a healthy way to a sibling probably does not have huge attachment problems. Later in life, people with RAD will usually find it almost inpossible to maintain a truly functionning relationship or healthy marriage, unless they've had some significant healing
The bond between siblings, is as wordsmither said, is often a trauma bond, not a true attachment. Which is why I believe all siblings should get an assessment before being adopted together/placed for adoption to ascertain how they relate and whhether they should truly be together