Advertisements
Advertisements
pammi716
I'm not sure what you're dealing with, but here in order to adopt, you have to have a foster license. You don't have to foster, but if a child is placed with you, you must be licensed. The child must be in your home for 6 months or more before you can finalize an adoption. Our county will place children in adoptive homes that are legal risk. What that means, is the county is filing TPR and before a judge will approve that, the child must be in an adoptive placement. They will not terminate a parental right unless the child is in an adoptive home. They do not want, what they call "legal orphans." Once I asked if they do straight adoptions. I was told it was very rare. That they did only 2 straight adoptions in the last 5 years. That was because the adoptive home was unable to adopt. I also asked about the photo listings. They also discouraged that, stating that the children listed have alot of issues. There are some people that have adopted from the photo listing, maybe they can help you with that and answer questions for you.
I have adopted in the past and I had to be a foster parent even though my children were available for adoption because of the 6 month waiting period. So I did foster them for 6 months. Which is what I had hoped to do for children that were also waiting. That's why I didn't understand what the difference was if a child is available for adoption with special needs when you still have to wait six months before you can file for adoption. Which would still be fostering the child for 6months.