Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello!
I am a 26 yr old mommy of 3, oldest is three! My husband and I both want to start adopting. We are considering fostering 0-3 yr old. Does anyone know the possibility of adopting little ones this young in foster system? Is there anyone near Northern MO that has adopted or gone through the foster system successfully ? I am in need of support and a little guidance through all of this. Thanks! Hope to read from someone soon. :thanks:
Not exactly what you are looking for but I may be able to help you. My wife and I have been licensed foster parents with the state of Missouri for over 2 1/2 years now. We have a two-year old girl in our home who has been with us since she was 6 months old. If/when parental rights are terminated we will attempt to adopt her. This was not our original plan but after 19 months in our care we feel we should not damage the attachment we have formed. It would be hurtful to her, us, and our children and grandchildren.
Another couple who took STARS class with us has 2+ year old boy they are in the process of adopting. It is not easy (sometimes heartbreaking) but if this is what you want to do it is necessary to contact a representative of Family Services and take STARS training to become foster parents and SPAULDING training to adopt. In the mean time there is the fulfillment that comes with the knowledge that you are helping someone who needs help.
Advertisements