Advertisements
Advertisements
Is it just me or are support groups really hard to find?
i was part of an infertility one but i can't seem to find an adoption one...Would love to meet other michiganders adopting domestically and share fears and hopes :)
is there a meetup group in West michigan area? would anyone be interested if one was started?
Advertisements
You might try posting on the General Adoptive Parent Support forum. And the Foster Parent Support forum for that matter. I know there are quite a few of us in SE Michigan on here (though most of us have older kids) and at least some in the central part of the state. Someone was starting a group within the last year on the foster parent board. I will try later to find the thread if I can.
Hi - I know this post is a bit old but I am starting a SE Michigan Meet-up Group and thought I would post here. We haven't visited this board in a few years as we did finally adopt and our daughter is now 2 and a half. We would love to meet some other adoptive families. Please check out the meetup site and if you have any suggestions for activities please let me know.
[url=http://www.meetup.com/Friends-of-Adoption]Friends of Adoption (Novi, MI) - Meetup[/url]
mattpluselisa
Is it just me or are support groups really hard to find?
i was part of an infertility one but i can't seem to find an adoption one...Would love to meet other michiganders adopting domestically and share fears and hopes :)
is there a meetup group in West michigan area? would anyone be interested if one was started?
It sure is hard to find a support group, especially in SW Michigan. If you want to drive to Grand Rapids or Ann Arbor there are groups, but not in the Kalamazoo area. I would be willing to help get a group started.
Me!! Me!! We live in the Grand Haven area and would love to have some support. I would also love to help set something up!
Advertisements
I am seeking a support group closer to the Kalamazoo, MI area. I believe I found a few in the GR area, but thats an hour drive for me. Here are a few:
Adoptive Family Support Network 233 East Fulton St., Suite 108. Grand Rapids, MI
901 Eastern Avenue Northeast Grand Rapids, MI
Last update on April 24, 8:52 am by Sachin Gupta.