Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Just wanted to say that I can soooo relate. My kids have been home 2 years and they still do it. I think that my strategies so far have done more harm than good actually. The only way I have known to handle it is to send them to their room to play. It has been the only way to keep my sanity. I tried the timer thing too, but it only works sometimes. They "forget" and keep asking questions anyway.(then get sent to their rooms because I am about to loose it!:o )
So, now I am reading Heather T. Forbes' work and about to take her online webinar course. This is the only thing I have found that will actually help me long term. (because the only person I can really change is my me)
Needing constant reassurance is very, very common for foster kids. Makes sense, doesn't it. If your whole world has been turned upside down, your gonna need a LOT of TLC. I don't see my kids as controlling anymore. I see them as terrified.
Hope that helps. Wish there was a magic pill or something....I will let you know if I find one!