Advertisements
Advertisements
I need to know if i was supposed to get paperwork after my daughter wanted me to put her up for adoption. I did this at her request in 2008 and signed papers and was aware of what i did. SHe is 17 years old now andshe wanted her step mother to adopt her so i let it happen. I have not received any paperwork stating she had been adopted and my name is still on her birth certificate in vital records. Am i supposed to get paperwork and wouldn't my name be off of that birth certificate and anything else that had my name on it? I do love my daughter, but after some major medical problems i could not take care of her and me and she had a better life with her dad and step mom then what i could provide her. Any information would help alot. she was adopted in ft. worth texas and she lives in johnson county. (Burleson)
I'm not in TX, but where I am, birthparents do not receive any notification, paperwork, etc, stating that their child has been adopted.
Your ex's adoption lawyer should have gotten them a new birth certificate, but I honestly don't know that you'd be able to access that birth certificate.
I know your situation is different, but I would HOPE that my AD's birthmother (who is totally nuts) would not be able to access AD's new birth certificate.
Advertisements