Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey everyone!
For the past couple of years, I had been doing research about adoption (a subject I have been strong about every since I was a little girl : why bring more children in this world, when there are so many without families).
Right now, I am 26 years old (going on 27 in a few months) from Ontario, Canada. I am at the beginning of my career and "own life" so I am not planning on adopting right now, but it is something I would like to start doing by the time I'm 30.
I am single, and I have been for the past 2 years. It is a choiced I made, and I don't see myself as getting married or in a relationship anytime soon (if ever) I know you must think "she's young, she'll change her mind" but It is not something I wish for in the end, but we never know what the future will be like.
I was also told by doctors that my body might be too weak to go through a pregnancy..thus I am very scared of that process and it is not something that appeals to me. It's fine for others who can...but for me, yeah not really lol
With that said : I have always dreamed of adopting a child. I would prefer a child from Asia (china, Korea, but mostly Japan). I am aware that adopting from Japan as a single parent is very difficult.
But the reason why I would feel like a japanese child would be a better match, it is because I have lived and worked in Japan for a few years and I speak a little japanese as well as being very familiar with the culture. It is something I would be able to share with the child, let them know about their culture and language. But as much as I would prefer this, I do not actually limit myself at only Japanese kids, because in the end, it doesn't matter where they are from once they are your child. But since I have a better knowledge on Japanese culture rather than Chinese or Korean, that is why I am leaning more toward that.
My biggest question though would be: How long in advance should I start looking into the process of adopting? (I have heard stories of wait list being 5-8 years, and people getting their child within a year). How possible is it for a single parent to adopt from Japan, or any other Asian countries?
and my bigest worry is that I have also heard that some countries have "job" restrictions. (if you do a certain job they wont let you adopt form their country)...I'm a Funeral Director, and I am aware it is a very unorthodox job and that in some countries it is looked down upon. Will that affect my chances on adoptions in Asia?
Any help other then that would be appreciated.
Phew, that was long! Sorry for that, I promise I will make my other post shorter in the future lol:thanks: