Advertisements
Advertisements
I am searching for my biological brother, who was given away around the summer of 1974. Our family lived the first half of the year in Emporia, Kansas; then we moved to Columbia, Missouri. He was born in the first month of 1973, so he was over a year old, when he was given up. I was 5 years old at the time.
You should consider placing a letter in the file of your brother with the state. If you don't know which state they should be able to tell you if they have the records.
Who to contact is in the links.
Kansas does not have a registry but if he was adopted out of Kansas then he has full access to his files upon request and they should allow a letter to be added.
[URL="http://laws.adoption.com/statutes/kansas-laws.html"]Kansas Adoption Laws[/URL]
Missouri has a mutual consent registry but his records are not open to him, I would also ask about putting in a letter.
[URL="http://laws.adoption.com/statutes/missouri-laws.html"]Missouri Adoption Laws[/URL]
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
Thank you for the info. I have sent the sibling registry form to Missouri, and added a letter to it. I just recently got evidence that the adoption had to have occurred in Kansas, so I am still in the process of refocusing my search.
Thanks again.:thanks:
Sibling ISO biological brother Emporia, Kansas 1973
Updating my info:
I've gotten new information that my younger brother was most likely sold on the black market in Emporia, Kansas during the summer of 1974.
He has brown, curly hair, brown eyes and a sun-loving complexion. He was born on January 27, 1973.
I just wanted to update everyone on my search. Yesterday, my search ended for my younger brother. I remembered that my younger brother was murdered by my father, in an act of rage. My parents covered it up. Because I had begun searching for my adopted sons, I assumed the disappearance of my brother meant that he was sold on the black market.
Now, I can grieve, heal and focus on searching for my 2 sons.
Thank you. Best wishes.