Advertisements
Advertisements
Happy for you Amanda that you found the perfect skincare products for your child. But is there any particular reason for not using it daily.
Advertisements
I have AA and the use of organic skin care and hair care products. I like Arbonne, but this is just personal preference. I use their skin care, hair care and children's vitamins. I also use their sunscreen. I think that the organic project work better no matter what race your child.
[url=http://www.iphonelox.com/]unlocker[/url]
I know that this post is kinda late, but I just came this thread while strolling through the forums.
I am AA, and we were bathed daily as infants and kids. When it comes to bathing, there is no difference in an AA child and any other child. We all need to be clean before bedtime. If they suffer from dry skin, a capful of baby oil in the bath does wonders!
In the cooler months, moms of infants sometimes alternate b/w sponge baths and tub baths to avoid soaking the babies in water before taking them into the cool air.
I also wash my hair every two days (and it is long, full and healthy!)
Don't let all of the myths that people put online confuse you....if it sounds a little crazy, it probably is. LOL.
Hope this helps!
Advertisements
mom1day
I know that this post is kinda late, but I just came this thread while strolling through the forums.
I am AA, and we were bathed daily as infants and kids. When it comes to bathing, there is no difference in an AA child and any other child. We all need to be clean before bedtime. If they suffer from dry skin, a capful of baby oil in the bath does wonders!
In the cooler months, moms of infants sometimes alternate b/w sponge baths and tub baths to avoid soaking the babies in water before taking them into the cool air.
I also wash my hair every two days (and it is long, full and healthy!)
Don't let all of the myths that people put online confuse you....if it sounds a little crazy, it probably is. LOL.
Hope this helps!
As with any group of people, AA are all different. I am AA and I give my son a bath a few times a week and a sponge bath on days when I don't put him in his infant tub. I wash my hair weekly and would say most people I know (AA) wash their hair weekly or less frequently.
I love the 'Just for me' products on my sons hair.
Hello, Doctor Amanda. I know it is about a year later, but I wanted to provide my input. African American babies are cared for basically the same way that you would care for any other baby. Baby lotion/oil, baby wash, and make sure that the baby is clean, and smells good. Now, as far as bathing, I am african american, and I bathe my baby every day. It has been like that since she was first brought home. Of course, you sponge bathe until the little umbilical cord stump falls off, but as far as general care with bathing, you have to bathe the baby more than just once a week or else the baby will start smelling. Yes, a baby's skin is more sensitive than ours, BUT.. that is why you replace the moisture that may be lost from bathing with baby lotion. To all of the honest, non abusive, and psychologically as well as generally stable foster parents out there who want to adopt, I applaud you for wanting to give a child a better home. I pray that the kids who are put into your care who come from TRULY ABUSIVE HOMES, or who are orphaned feel the love and acceptance that you all have to offer.
OK thanks. I had study somewhere (I couldn't tell you where - i've study so much) that their epidermis (not just their hair) will also dry out if you shower more than once per weeks time. Obviously that was incorrect. Excellent to know.
I'll just strategy on using what I used with my dd, and if that doesn't perform we'll shift onto something else.
Thanks
[url=http://www.outsidelivingconcepts.com]Phoenix Landscape Design Company | Arizona Landscaper Contractor | Outside Living Concepts[/url]
I got from the born really strange and not the greatest skin, so skincare has always been veeeery difficult for me.
I tried to use some balms and essential oils but nothing helped a lot. But then i find and that kind of staff helped me a little bit. That cream really demonstrated for me a quick effect and convincing results.
Advertisements